Home » Decade » 1970 » Let’s Disco!

January 22, 2014

Let’s Disco!

by Andrea

Ever wanted to learn to disco?  Now’s your chance!  I’ve got some scans for you from the 1978 edition of Let’s Disco, put out by K-Tel!

scan0006

They really do make disco dancing look epic on the cover, don’t they?

Got your dancing shoes on?  Let’s get started.

scan0007

These walking steps have really got to be the quintessential disco step – this guy looks like he’s going to break into the Hustle at any moment.

scan0008

Wow, the “stylized” side together really looks like a snappy move!

scan0009

I am probably missing something here, but the Up Together and Back Together looks a lot like marching on the spot?

scan0010

Learn the proper disco turn!  Not gonna lie, this looks like it might be a bit complicated in action!

Ready to try out your newly learned disco moves?  Or maybe you know how to disco already?  I’d love to hear about it!

9 Responses to Let’s Disco!

January 22, 2014 at 10:13 am

January 22, 2014 at 10:14 am

Oh, yeah, I can disco. My parents used to have house parties where they would move the furniture out of the living room so everyone could disco. My sister and I would sit on the stairs and watch. The up, together, back, together looks more like a slow Charleston than marching, when done right.

• Andrea Reply

January 22, 2014 at 11:27 am

Andrea – that’s awesome! My parents used to have house parties when I was little as well, but they weren’t as cool, no discoing at my parents’! And thanks for clarifying the Up Together Back Together for me 🙂

3. Claudia Reply

January 22, 2014 at 12:27 pm

I remember taking disco dancing lessons in 11th grade. We learned the Hustle.

I have a copy of this very book. It’s so precious. I’ve made a few notecards and small collages from the goofy photos. They make me laugh every time I see them.

• Andrea Reply

January 23, 2014 at 11:19 am

Very cool that you learned the Hustle! Great idea on the notecards etc from the photos – the photos in this book are definitely pretty hilarious!

4. Sara In AZ Reply

January 22, 2014 at 12:30 pm

Oh my gosh….this is AWESOME!!!! LOVE this, great post Andrea!

• Andrea Reply

January 23, 2014 at 11:17 am

Thanks, Sara! I got such a kick out of this book, I had to share!

5. veg-o-matic Reply

January 24, 2014 at 1:25 pm

I’m embarrassed to admit that I actually owned this album!

• Andrea Reply

January 24, 2014 at 1:43 pm

LOL! Don’t be embarrassed, I am kinda sad I don’t have the actual album!