Home » Our Houses » Ruth & Tom's House » Retro Pink Pastel Summer Party And Some Summer Dreaming

January 20, 2014

Retro Pink Pastel Summer Party And Some Summer Dreaming

By RetroRuth

Well, it’s here. The horrible time in Michigan between the fun winter holidays and the time when the snow finally melts. Notice that I didn’t say when spring is here, because in Michigan sometimes spring still means snow. So, to cheer myself up I am posting these pictures from a party we had for Alexandra this summer, which used a lot of pastel, some fun vintage tablecloths and lots of warm air and sunshine!

IMG_2679

We keep it real here. Yes, that is a baby toy in the background.

IMG_2652

IMG_2658

Ugh! I just want to sit out here with a glass of lemonade!

IMG_2663

Or a beer.

IMG_2669

Here is the progress in our sunroom/tiki room. You can see that our large tiki mask was moved to the floor under the table, thanks to some mischievous kids!

IMG_2672

And what would a party post be without an “after” shot? This is what my kitchen looked like after all my guests departed. Check out this mess! I love it.

imagejpeg_1

And, of course, a cute baby. Or two. Here Alex is (so tiny!) rubbing noses with her cousin. They both had a great time!

So, I hope this post was a little breath of warm air for everyone who is huddled in their frozen house, like me. Did you guys have any epic parties this summer? Let’s reminisce!

12 Responses to Retro Pink Pastel Summer Party And Some Summer Dreaming

1. deb Reply

January 20, 2014 at 7:53 am

I so love your kitchen – and Alexandra is so cute!

2. sherree Reply

January 20, 2014 at 10:24 am

Oh I love your kitchen! Is it original? The island is perfect for entertaining. I love the last photo of the baby and her cousin. Just darling.

• RetroRuth Reply

January 20, 2014 at 11:08 am

Thanks, sherree! It IS original! When we moved in, all we had to do was paint and replace the flooring.

They are pretty cute, aren’t they? :)

3. Janice Reply

January 20, 2014 at 10:46 am

Awesome kitchen and I love your vintage tablecloths and adorable baby!

4. Sara In AZ Reply

January 20, 2014 at 11:36 am

Awwwwwww, what a fabulous looking party…..I love all those hanging pom-poms…so cute! I guess you don’t want to hear what the temps are like here right now then huh???? ;)

Oh and I don’t think I ever saw a pic of your new fridge/freezer combo…..it looks great!

January 20, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Everything looks so pretty. I love that last photo! Okay, I’m not a Summer person at all since I come from the land of mosquitoes but this DOES make me miss Summer a little. I think that you and my Mom have the same fridge and freezer. Every time that I’m in front of it, I am all “Whoa!” because ours will barely hold anything at all.

6. dkzody Reply

January 20, 2014 at 2:32 pm

The yard is very lush and lovely. I’m assuming all that melted snow helped with that! Here in California we are already having spring–72 degrees yesterday. I expect our summer temps to be along the lines of Australia’s. Michigan will look pretty darn good about then.

7. deb Reply

January 20, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Awesome kitchen! I’d love to see a “kitchen tour” post!

January 21, 2014 at 11:26 am

So lovely! Your sunroom/tiki room is fantastic! I don’t think I will ever tire of seeing your epic kitchen, either. Here we have been having the weather that we have every winter – it gets unseasonably warm for a week or so, makes us think that spring is coming even though it’s not, and then we go back into the deep freeze. *sigh*

9. Sevina Reply

January 25, 2014 at 1:18 pm

I collect vintage printed tablecloths and am absolutely swooning for the pink and green floral one used for this party! Perfect choice. It’s gorgeous!