Home » MCM Fun » Author » RetroRuth » Some Great Finds at Antiques & Uniques in Waukesha, WI – Part 2

January 6, 2014

Some Great Finds at Antiques & Uniques in Waukesha, WI – Part 2

By RetroRuth

Well, this is the second part of our tour of Antiques & Uniques in Waukesha, Wisconsin. We visited this shop when we were home spending Christmas with our families, and we saw so many great things I just had to take tons and tons of pictures. If you want to see Part 1, you can check it out here!

Like these awesome dinette chairs, and the wooden table with  Formica top. Neat!

Some gorgeous wedding dresses!

Another great table, a fun shadowbox and loads and loads of puzzles.

A cute little kitchen corner.

Tabletop jukeboxes and some fun lamps.

Singing Christmas angels in the original box!

Such a pretty Christmas head vase.

Feather art!

Tom was obsessed with this rack of vintage shirts, but sadly there was nothing in his size. Boo!

Another great table. They were just all over this place!

Pink dishes!

This Winnie the Pooh sampler was SO HARD to leave, but Alex has so much on her walls already.

Pretty blue glasses, which were also hard to leave because they are the color of my kitchen cabinets.

Sooooooo. Yeah. This was pretty much the creepiest little guy. Ever.

I loved that icing set box.

These tiki guys are new, but they were still awesome!

The most gorgeous set of lamps!

This Santa was HUGE!

Pulp fiction, anyone?

Some gorgeous glasses and a fun chip and dip!

So that ends our visit to Antiques & Uniques in Waukesha. It was a blast, and I bought a ton of great cookbooks, many of which were specific to Wisconsin(cheese, anyone?). Have you guys come across anything great lately? Or have you been too busy with Christmas stuff to even THINK about searching for treasures?

12 Responses to Some Great Finds at Antiques & Uniques in Waukesha, WI – Part 2

January 6, 2014 at 11:44 am

Man, there really looks to be a ton of great stuff there! and was that Christmas head vase really only $28??

• RetroRuth Reply

January 6, 2014 at 5:52 pm

It was, but it did have a crack in the back. Boo. 🙁

But there was a lot of great stuff there!

2. sherree Reply

January 6, 2014 at 11:54 am

I love seeing what others can find locally! I love those lamps 🙂 Thanks for sharing

• RetroRuth Reply

January 6, 2014 at 5:52 pm

You’re welcome, sherree! Glad you liked it!

3. Claudia Reply

January 6, 2014 at 12:08 pm

I love those lamps as well. They would transform any room into a mid-century wonderland.

• RetroRuth Reply

January 6, 2014 at 5:55 pm

I know, Claudia! Aren’t they a dream? It was very difficult to leave them behind, but we honestly cannot take another set of lamps!

4. Joan Reply

January 6, 2014 at 2:30 pm

I love that icing box too. I have one cabinet with a clear door that I have some dishes in, and I started thinking that it would be cool to have colorful old food packages in there instead. And then I could move my dishes to a closed cabinet and my real food could go… Oh wait, never mind.

• RetroRuth Reply

January 6, 2014 at 6:02 pm

Ha ha!
      Joan, you could be like me and cram all your real food up in one tiny, tiny set of cabinets so the other 3/4ths of your cabinets can be used for really important things, like vintage cookbooks and gelatin molds!

5. Lassie Reply

January 6, 2014 at 5:40 pm

This coming Friday I am going to a shop in our area that looks EXACTLY like the place in Wisconsin, it’s uncanny! Just to browse. I like to find perfume bottles, scarves, little things. The shop I’m going to has tray after tray after tray of jewelry – real gems and gold, not costume (which is in a huge case by itself). I guess people sell their jewelry here. I’m looking forward to browsing the costume jewelry case.

• RetroRuth Reply

January 6, 2014 at 6:02 pm

So awesome, Lassie! I love places like that, and that jewelry sounds amazing!

6. rae Reply

January 6, 2014 at 10:56 pm

oh my gosh, i have been looking for that exact lady head vase! my grandmother saw mine and asked if I ever found another one to please get it for her. Dang, if i was anywhere close I’d be on my way!

• RetroRuth Reply

January 7, 2014 at 3:45 pm

The Christmas lady head vase? If you want, I will go and pick it up if it is still there the next time we go, which will probably be this spring. Let me know!