Home » Decade » 1950 » Vintage Crafting eBay Roundup – Clothing Your Dolls Edition

January 24, 2014

Vintage Crafting eBay Roundup – Clothing Your Dolls Edition

by Andrea

If you’ve got a little girl, or know any little girls who love dolls, sewing them some sweet retro style clothes can be a fantastic way to use up your scraps – I know my girls have always loved them!  Here’s some great doll patterns from eBay.

First up, this Lot of 3 Original Vintage 60s-70s Teen Doll Clothes Pattern

doll1

I must admit – I am curious about this one.  These patterns look to be for a fashion doll, but a 17.5″ one – the description says it’s for a Chrissy doll.  This is not a doll I am familiar with – were these popular in the 70s?

Next, we have this Vogue Pattern 9894 for Barbie & Ken Dolls

doll2

Just as the pattern companies have been reissuing vintage clothing patterns from their archives for ladies, some of them have done the same for dolls.  This Vogue Craft pattern is so elegant, you could really name a nice wardrobe for your vintage or repro Barbie!

Here, we have this VTG KNITTING PATTERNS FOR BARBIE PETITE DOLL

doll3

I must admit, I’ve never tried knitting for a doll.  Seeing this cute pattern makes me think I should give it a try, though!

Then, we have this SEWING PATTERN – Simplicity 4707 – Vintage Clothes for 3 Sizes Dolls

doll4

This is another super cute vintage pattern reissue, this one from Simplicity that would very nicely fully outfit any baby doll!

Finally, we have this VINTAGE 1963 McCALL'S BARBIE & MIDGE CLOTHES PATTERN

doll5

I love this one, not just because the outfits are awesome, but also from a collectors’ standpoint – the pattern actually says Barbie on it, which is quite rare!  Usually they will only say “For 11-1/2″ fashion doll”.  Very unique!

Have a great weekend everybody, and happy crafting!

*Disclaimer – No Pattern Required is part of the eBay Partner Network.  As such, we may receive a small commission should you choose to click on our links.

16 Responses to Vintage Crafting eBay Roundup – Clothing Your Dolls Edition

1. Claudia Reply

January 24, 2014 at 3:59 am

I had a Chrissy doll. She had bright red hair that was adjustable! There was a knob on her back and you turned it to make her hair longer or shorter. She came with a bright orange lace dress. She was great. I think my mom actually made some clothes for her from the very pattern you found.

• Andrea Reply

January 24, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Adjustable hair?? That is too cool! Awesome that your mom made you clothes for her as well 🙂

2. Sara In AZ Reply

January 24, 2014 at 9:51 am

Oh my gosh…..I LOVE all the Barbie patterns you found!!

• Andrea Reply

January 24, 2014 at 12:28 pm

They are pretty fantastic, eh? The one that is actually Barbie brand is really kinda calling my name, LOL!

3. sherree Reply

January 24, 2014 at 10:14 am

I had a Chrissy doll! It would have been in the late 60’s or early 70’s. My mom and grandma made her extra clothes using the pattern on the right (8519) for my birthday! She was a brunette with a long pony tail that could be pulled to make it very long. Unfortunately I decided to play beauty parlor and wet her hair, set it in rollers and then laid her on the heat duct to dry. Her hair was never the same 🙁 Still she was fun to play with and dress up. Thanks for bringing back a wonderful memory for me 🙂

• Andrea Reply

January 24, 2014 at 12:30 pm

I think we all played beauty parlor with our dolls at some point – I had some Barbies that were the recipients of some very unfortunate haircuts! So awesome that your mom and grandma made you clothes from that same pattern! 🙂

4. Janice Reply

January 24, 2014 at 11:01 am

Way back in the early 60’s, my Mom made all my Barbie clothes. I have such fond memories of watching her sew on her sewing machine which was let up in the living room so she could watch her soaps while sewing. I couldn’t appreciate it then, but now I think back to those days and wonder how she sewed such tiny will outfits. I’ve sewed enough in my life to know that must have been very difficult. A few of the outfits survived the many years of playing with them and are in my blue Barbie doll case that I still have today. Thanks for the walk down memory lane!

• Andrea Reply

January 24, 2014 at 12:49 pm

Yes, some of the Barbie outfits are definitely harder than others to sew! That is fantastic that you still have some of the outfits that your mom sewed for your Barbies! 🙂

5. Desirae Day Reply

January 24, 2014 at 12:03 pm

I have a stack of doll patterns from the estate of a hoarder I’ll be selling in the next couple of months. Some of them are Barbie. The woman didn’t even sew.

• Andrea Reply

January 24, 2014 at 12:49 pm

Where will you be selling these patterns? I would love to see what you’re selling!

• Desirae Reply

January 24, 2014 at 11:35 pm

I will sell them any which way I can! I am helping the hoarder’s daughter sell the estate. If you are interested, I’d be happy to send you some pictures when I get the box (I get a little load at a time). Let me know if there is anything else you’re looking for. I just might have it!

• Andrea Reply

January 25, 2014 at 12:14 am

I’d love to take a look at the patterns when you get them! When you have pics, please send them to me at andrea@sewwhatfabrics.ca
          Thanks! 🙂

6. tammyCA Reply

January 24, 2014 at 6:25 pm

I have some of those patterns..I sometimes sew doll clothes. Definitely tricky sewing tiny clothes but I love how they turn out..I love using vintage flowery sheets to make “Betty Draper” type dresses for Barbies.
    My sister had the Chrissy doll with the growing hair..I think it got stuck and remained long.

• Andrea Reply

January 25, 2014 at 12:16 am

Too funny how everyone seems to have a memory of something happening to the Chrissy doll’s hair! I love making the Betty Draper style dresses for Barbies too – great idea on the vintage sheets!

7. Kim Bever Reply

January 25, 2014 at 2:08 pm

I have to look but I think I may still have my Crisssy doll. My brother accuses me of being a hoarder but I still have most of my Barbies and other toys from the 70’ies. I can remember dressing her in clothes I wore as a baby that my mom had kept. I can say that I never jacked up her hair, though.

8. cp Reply

January 25, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Crissy had a friend named Velvet who was blonde and came in a purple dress. My sister and I both had Velvet dolls in the early 1970s. I still have mine.