Home » Decade » 1950 » Won’t You Be My Neighbor -Spacious Ranch in Sulphur Springs, TX

January 19, 2014

Won’t You Be My Neighbor -Spacious Ranch in Sulphur Springs, TX

By Eartha Kitsch

This week’s home is a beautiful ranch with lots of wide open spaces and original features. This house would have great flow for a family as well as large parties.  And I’ve got three words for you: Kitchen. Bathroom. SWOON. Thanks to Shawn for sending this dreamboat of a home in for us to see!

12055362_0

This home is located at 813 Connally Street in Sulphur Springs, Texas. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and is 2,823 square feet. It was built in 1954 and is listed for $125,000. The property is offered by Virginia Cook Realtors. From the listing:

Architect designed Mid-century Modern ranch style home where you can sit & enjoy city parades with family & friends from the front lawn. New carpet, interior freshly painted, recent ext paint, roof, Bosch DW, & AC compressor. Features galore: St Charles Metal cabinets, vintage baths, pocket doors, closets with automatic lights, cork floors, lots of windows, exposed brick walls. Quality design & construction, large lot one block from the park.

Parades from the front lawn! This house just keeps getting better and better. Let’s take a look!

12055362_1

Exterior

12055362_22

12055362_21

12055362_23

Yard

12055362_24

Pretty sweet, huh? Just like Texas, this home has wide open spaces!  From start to finish, I do believe that I’d love to live in this house! What do you think, readers?

17 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor -Spacious Ranch in Sulphur Springs, TX

1. Queen of Fifty Cents Reply

January 19, 2014 at 9:52 am

This one is seriously to die for…wow. Looks like it’s been for sale for a while; the Google Maps street view shows a for-sale sign in the yard, and it appears to be a different realty company. Wish I could afford to own two houses, this would be great for the winter!

2. Betty Crafter Reply

January 19, 2014 at 11:20 am

Wow. Glorious.

3. Sara In AZ Reply

January 19, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Oh emmm geeee……I am seriously dying over here….that kitchen FULL of St Charles metal cabinets alone – and a desk too!!! Eeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! You have no idea how much I wish this house was located somewhere in Phoenix!!!! SO dreamy………………

January 19, 2014 at 3:27 pm

Wow, I cannot believe the price, only $125,000 for nearly 3,000 square feet? That blows my mind. Such fantastic kitchen and bathrooms too, amazing!

5. Dee Reply

January 19, 2014 at 5:59 pm

What a great find! And on a parade route?! That pink bathroom, that kitchen… Beautiful!

6. rae Reply

January 19, 2014 at 8:22 pm

amazing! that kitchen!!! and it is so inexpensive! gorgeous. i hope someone buys it who will love it!

7. Kristin Reply

January 19, 2014 at 9:46 pm

OMG the cabinets. THE AWESOME BLUE CABINETS. And it’s just SO BIG. The rooms are so luxuriously BIG! The kitchen, too, for the era. Love.

8. Janice Reply

January 20, 2014 at 10:42 am

Wow! What a house! That pink bathroom and turquoise kitchen is heavenly! What’s really shocking is the price tag! $125,000 for all that? Makes a girl want to move to Sulphur Springs, TX! Thanks for the peak into this lovely home!

9. Michelle Reply

January 20, 2014 at 2:38 pm

This place is seriously gorgeous! I wonder what the neighborhood is like- that price is amazing!

10. Maureen Reply

January 20, 2014 at 7:26 pm

I love it! The neighborhood looks cute-right by a park, and there is the Southwestern Dairy Museum close by. I had to click on that link-now I want to visit!!

11. Pamela H. Reply

January 21, 2014 at 4:35 pm

That corner window in one of the bedrooms is a wonderful bonus feature – so many ways to play that up!

12. Pat in PA Reply

January 21, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Serious swooning…

13. Jen Reply

January 22, 2014 at 7:33 pm

I am in LOVE! Oh, that kitchen about made my eyes pop out of my head, and then you show us the bathroom. Good thing I was already sitting down! What a beauty.

14. veg-o-matic Reply

January 24, 2014 at 1:20 pm

That kitchen! That den! Hubba hubba!

Only problem is that realtors are now using that camera or lens or something that makes the rooms look HUGE when they’re not. I’t impossible to tell how big the rooms are without actually going there.

15. Sarah Reply

January 25, 2014 at 2:56 am

Actually Veg, those main rooms must be big. 2,823 sf for a 3 bedroom is plenty roomy. For sure the living, den and kitchen are sizeable, anyway. The bedrooms are harder to gauge, but my own 1962 custom was much more focused on big entertaining areas than the little sleeping quarters. My only complaint would be the two pink baths. Would have been nice to see a different color in one of them (avocado, harvest, bluebell?).

16. Ed Murchison Reply

January 28, 2014 at 12:54 am

Thanks for all of the positive comments about this incredible house. I am the listing agent for this property. I specialize in Mid-century Modern homes in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. This is a really cool house. Check out my website (midcenturymoderndallashomes.com) for other amazing Mid-century Modern homes in the Dallas area.

17. Karin Jeffrey Reply

January 28, 2014 at 10:42 am

Wow! Stunning. I just picked my jaw up off the floor. I live in Toronto, Ontario Canada where the real estate market is red hot. The housing market here did not tank at all. In fact it’s insane. This house would sell (no word of a lie)for 700,000.00 Canadian upwards. Seriously. Bidding wars have been waged over mediocre semidetached homes resulting in houses selling for 200 thousand over the asking price simply because of location near downtown Toronto. My 800 square foot 1971 condo in the suburbs was 147,000.00 CDN. So you can understand my jealousy. It’s so not fair. I would LOVE this place, and
    I sincerely hope the buyer will not tear out all these incredible features.