Home » Decade » 1950 » Vintage 1950s/1960s Norcrest Ceramic Swan & Frog Bathroom Wall Plaque Set

February 13, 2014

Vintage 1950s/1960s Norcrest Ceramic Swan & Frog Bathroom Wall Plaque Set

By Sara In AZ

Oh my gosh….I just had to share this with you all! Mike gave this to me as a gift a while back and I have been remiss in showing it to everyone.

As many of you know I have a total love for mermaid and fish wall plaques. Sometimes that love translates into me getting various other ceramic wall plaques to hang with all the mermaids and fish. Of course I always want to maintain a ‘water’ animal type of theme, but you get the idea.

I have to say I was blown away by all the ‘adorableness’ when I opened this gift…and I was stunned that all this ‘adorableness’ was still contained in it’s original box!

Here is the back view of the box – you can see the wall plaques are held on by string. From the inside it also looks like the plaques had been glued down at one time, but over the years I guess the glue just failed as the plaques do slide around because the string is not super taught anymore.

Here is the original label on the back of the box. How cute that they have an actual stamped image of what the contents are supposed to be! Also, isn’t it interesting that they spelled ‘wall plaque’ so miserably wrong? Actually, I have seen this before on different items still in the original box that were manufactured in Japan back then….I can only imagine the language barrier was quite difficult to overcome.

Here is a ‘Norcrest’ stick on the front of the box.

And finally a view with the box top off.

I have to say that these tiny little frogs on the lily pads are about the cutest thing I have ever seen!

Awwwww, what a sweet set!

Now my dilemma….do I try to display it in the box or take it out of the box???? Hmmmmm……………..

8 Responses to Vintage 1950s/1960s Norcrest Ceramic Swan & Frog Bathroom Wall Plaque Set

1. sherree Reply

February 13, 2014 at 8:03 am

Oh Sara those are adorable! What a great Hubby you have 🙂
    I would take them out of the box and display them on the wall with your other “aquatic” themed items.
    Thanks for sharing.

• Sara In AZ Reply

February 13, 2014 at 8:02 pm

Thanks Sherree! And I know, he is GREAT!

OK, that’s one vote for taking them out of the box!

February 13, 2014 at 11:19 am

Oh those frogs on the lily pads absolutely slay me with their cuteness! I would hang them on the wall as well – I suspect they will look extremely cute with your collection!

• Sara In AZ Reply

February 13, 2014 at 8:03 pm

Eeeeeee, I know Andrea….those frogs are killers!

Whoo! 2 Votes for de-boxing!

February 13, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Out of the box for sure! They were meant to be up for show and since the box isn’t anything super special appearance-wise , let them swim with the fishes! 🙂 I love their silly faces.

• Sara In AZ Reply

February 13, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Those faces just make me crack up every time I look at them Eartha!

Looks like the set will be set free soon…since all votes are for them to come out of the box! 🙂

4. kristine Reply

March 11, 2015 at 8:22 am

I know this post is a year old, but i do hope you removed it from the box. My humble opinion is.. Nothing is worth having unless you’re enjoying it. ..yes, some thinge break, such is life. 🙂

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 11, 2015 at 4:38 pm

Never fear Kristine – it will come out of the box eventually! We’ve been SO busy with the move and the house I’ve really not been able to think a lot about decorating and such…esp. in the bathroom where this will go…but when the time comes these will definitely be out on display!