Home » Decade » 1950 » Vintage Sewing eBay Roundup – Vintage Machine Edition!

February 21, 2014

Vintage Sewing eBay Roundup – Vintage Machine Edition!

by Andrea

I know I’ve featured vintage sewing machines on my eBay roundups before, but they are such lovely examples of design, I could never get tired of looking at them.  Here’s a few great ones I came across on eBay.

First up, this Vintage Kenmore by White co SUPER HEAVY DUTY Sewing Machine

machine1

Everything about the design of this machine says to me “I am the machine of the future!”  Love it!

Next, this Classic Vintage Husqvarna CL-21 Green Sewing Machine

machine2

Oooh, this machine is a beaut.  An old-school, made in Sweden Husqvarna, so you know it is well made, which has a tonne of stitch options and a free arm, which is not always something you find on vintage machines but is so lovely to have.  Plus this gorgeous almost jadite green colour!

Then, we have this Vintage Floral Singer Genie 384 Sewing Machine

machine3

If the first machine was saying that it was the machine of the future, this machine is definitely saying “Flower Power!”  So 60’s, totally fantastic!

Here, we have this Vintage Pink MORSE ZIGZAG Sewing Machine

machine4

Who doesn’t love a pink machine?  Especially a lovely, all metal pink machine from the 50s with gold accents?  I am willing to bet this machine will sew anything you t it, and look good while doing it!

And finally, we have this Danish Modern KENMORE SEWING MACHINE Cabinet

machine5

Not only is this vintage Kenmore fantastic, the gorgeous Danish Modern cabinet that it sits in makes it a beautiful piece of furniture for any mid-century home!  I am madly in love with this one!

Have a great weekend, everybody!

*Disclaimer: No Pattern Required is part of the eBay Partner Network.  As such, we may receive a small commission should you choose to click on our links.

12 Responses to Vintage Sewing eBay Roundup – Vintage Machine Edition!

1. Janice Reply

February 21, 2014 at 11:33 am

My Mom had a sewing machine that was built into a cabinet very much like your last picture and you’re right….it was a nice piece of furniture that sat in our living room decorated with a lamp and knick knacks. To me it always seemed odd to see sewing machines that you could carry around and didn’t pop up from beneath a cabinet.

• Andrea Reply

February 21, 2014 at 7:23 pm

They really were meant to be pieces of nice furniture – I have an old Singer machine ad framed hanging in my sewing room that talks about the different furniture styles you could get the cabinets in. I think they were definitely the more popular choice at the time, as the “portable” ones were way to heavy to be very portable!

2. Sara In AZ Reply

February 21, 2014 at 11:38 am

Eeeeeeeee! LOVE that pink sewing machine!!!

• Andrea Reply

February 21, 2014 at 7:24 pm

I knew you would, Sara! 😉

3. tammyCA Reply

February 22, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Love the mid century cabinet but why does it seem like your knees wouldn’t fit under it? I inherited an old black machine and cabinet, I think from the ’40s but I haven’t even tried it yet & it’s in storage..wish it was a cool color like pink, turquoise or jade then I’d have it displayed and use it.

• Andrea Reply

February 24, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Yeah, I am not sure, Tammy – I wish there was something else in the photo to give perspective of size. Is your black machine one of the ones with the fancy silver scroll plate and gold designs on it? Those are my favourite vintage machines of all – I have a black Singer from 1950 like that. Fantastic machine!

4. Brian Reply

March 1, 2014 at 12:39 am

My mother had that very same Kenmore machine and Danish modern cabinet and it was used to sew many, many outfits for our family over the years. I learned how to sew on that machine, making a denim jacket in 8th grade Careers (Home Ec – required of all students) class. Great memories.

• Andrea Reply

March 5, 2014 at 7:18 pm

That’s fantastic, Brian! I knew that machine had to be reliable while it looked good in that cabinet! Glad to take you for a walk down memory lane 🙂

5. Angela Reply

July 26, 2014 at 5:13 pm

I have that Kenmore machine in the Danish stand! I bought it at the Salvation Army for maybe $20. It’s been outside so the wood isn’t in the best shape but I was smitten.

• Andrea Reply

July 28, 2014 at 10:16 am

Nice, Angela! What a great buy, even if it is a little damaged. Any plans to refinish it?

6. Robin Beers Reply

February 20, 2016 at 1:02 am

Andrea,I have a Kenmore machine like the Danish modern one you posted a pic of. It is a lighter color of the one you posted though. I don’t know how to sew,and would like to sell it. Would you have any idea what I will be able to sell it for it? Or maybe know of someone who may want to buy it? It does work and has all the attachments and I’m not sure what the box is that is with it but it is full of round bobbin looking things but they are flat and about an 1-1.5 inch in diameter. So many needles,bobbins and thread. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you, Robin

• Andrea Reply

February 22, 2016 at 12:13 pm

Hi Robin – unfortunately pricing varies greatly from area to area, so I can’t help you with that part. Since they are so big and heavy, I would try selling locally – check kijiji or craigslist to see what vintage machines are going for in your area, and then you can price from there. Hope this helps!