Home » Decade » 1960 » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Aqua and Honey Ranch in Portland, OR

February 2, 2014

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Aqua and Honey Ranch in Portland, OR

By Eartha Kitsch

This week’s home is just gorgeous. It has one of my favorite vintage decor combinations – aqua accents and honey toned woodwork. Let me also mention that there is a little bit of retro pink thrown in there too! This home is just beautiful inside and out and surrounded by stunning views.

This home is located at 10648 SW 41st Avenue in Portland, Oregon. It has 4 bedrooms, 3 baths and approximately  3,926 square feet. The home was built in 1960 and is listed for $550,000. It is being offered by Marisa Swinson with M Realty. From the listing:

Mid-century marvelous daylight ranch on over half of an acre. One owner custom home, original fixtures and finishes in immaculate condition. Mt Hood view from deck, architectural roof, new boiler, 2 gas fireplaces, large garage/shop underneath upper double garage,backup generator.

Let’s take a look inside!

Living Room

Eat-in Area

Den with Wet Bar

Family Room / Dining Room

Exterior and Yard

I think that this home is a dream from start to finish, don’t you? The setting is incredible but I do believe that I’d have a hard time leaving the inside of the house! Which parts do you like, readers?

If you’re interested in learning more about this property or would like to view many more photos of this incredible home, please go here.

11 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Aqua and Honey Ranch in Portland, OR

1. Ann Kennedy Reply

February 2, 2014 at 9:55 am

That is gorgeous! I love seeing these posts, imagining each home alive with a family…and usually cringe at the thought of what new owners might be likely to do to the interiors in an effort to “update”!

2. Beth Reply

February 2, 2014 at 10:16 am

It sure is a beauty. The built-ins throughout the house are fabulous. The bathroom sinks are gorgeous (but no pics of the tub/shower area?). Yep, I could be very happy there.

3. Claudia Reply

February 2, 2014 at 10:40 am

It’s hard to choose, but I think my favorite part is the mottled aqua formica in the kitchen. I’m so happy that the owners managed to keep everything in such pristine conditions. I hope the new owners don’t change too much.

4. Betty Crafter Reply

February 2, 2014 at 10:51 am

I would move to Portland for this house. Perfection.

5. Sara In AZ Reply

February 2, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Oh whoa….this place is like a dream come true…..that kitchen….that wood….those bathrooms…SWOON!!!

6. Jen Reply

February 2, 2014 at 3:46 pm

What. A. DREAMBOAT! (Granted, a stationary one, but…) I adore that kitchen, it’s perfect and beautiful and bright! And all of the built-ins…This is a beautifully maintained home, too, making it all the better. We can tell how much the owners cared for it in more ways than one!

7. tammyCA Reply

February 3, 2014 at 12:10 am

Lovin’ the honey wood and aqua kitchen, too…and, the nature surroundings..wow! It’s so sad that there are practically no time capsules here…it’s the highest number of awful house flippers here. I fear the capsules will just be memories soon if there aren’t more mcm lovers to buy.

8. Janice Reply

February 3, 2014 at 11:12 am

What a stunning home! Everything is in such excellent condition. Clearly, this is a family who loved their home and preserved it very, very well. I hope the next owners continue that preservation. I think my favorite is the kitchen with the beautiful wood and turquoise laminate, but really, I loved the whole thing and the surroundings are breathtaking. Thanks for the peek inside!

February 4, 2014 at 11:40 am

Oh man, this house just further cements my thought that if I were to move anywhere in the US, it would be Portland. So gorgeous!

10. Libby Reply

February 5, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Wow, just wow!

11. Miss-Apple37 Reply

March 31, 2016 at 5:20 am

Are these metallic curtains for the fireplace?