Home » Decade » 1950 » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Pristine Beauty in Springfield, MO

February 16, 2014

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Pristine Beauty in Springfield, MO

By Eartha Kitsch

Oh, this week’s property is a super stunner! If the kitchen, living room and all-around woodwork don’t make you gasp with glee then I’m going to have someone come out to check your pulse!

l5ffe7b44-m0x

This home is located at 2027 E. Sunset Drive in Springfield, Missouri and is listed for $319,000. It is 2,229 feet and has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. It was built in 1956 and is being offered by Libba Shirley with Murney Associates. From the listing:

Amazing Mid-Century Modern nestled among the trees & shrubs on over 1/2 acre lot in the heart of Brentwood. The designer, Gene Paine, and the owner, Phillip Roper, were true visionaries when they planned this home. By incorporating natural wood & stone materials, the overall effect is not only warm and welcoming but also dramatic & impressive. Extensive interior & exterior custom lighting add to the appeal of this home. Rarely do you find a home of this quality & workmanship where the original beauty remains so untouched. This incredible one-owner home can truly be an expression of your lifestyle.

Let’s take a look!

l5ffe7b44-m18x

Bathroom

l5ffe7b44-m21x

Exterior

l5ffe7b44-m22x

l5ffe7b44-m26x

Well,  hello! I heard you gasp when that turquoise wall oven came into view! And can I get an “oh yeah!” for that low-slung bench seat in the living room? Come on, y’all. Do you love this house as much as I do?  Are you blinded by the glory of the gleaming woodwork? Dish! What do you think of this home?

If you’re interested in viewing this home or learning more, contact Libba Shirley with Murney Associates. And invite me over if you buy it, would ya? I’ll be your home’s biggest fan!

13 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Pristine Beauty in Springfield, MO

1. Ellyn Reply

February 16, 2014 at 7:44 am

I’m actually speechless. It has everything I need!

2. Queen of Fifty Cents Reply

February 16, 2014 at 9:35 am

Love the use of native stone throughout, and the way that outside retaining wall echoes the fireplace. This truly is a gorgeous house!

3. Claudia Reply

February 16, 2014 at 11:25 am

OMG, I actually DID gasp when I saw that oven. And I may have to rethink my stance on wood paneling.

4. Lassie Reply

February 16, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Very nice indeed! I love the living room and fireplace, so open, so spacious. The only down side of looking at these homes is I then have to look around my own shoddy, cramped, shabby house and realize that is as good as its ever gonna get. After much needed repairs “someday”, I’ll unload it and probably move to senior housing or an apartment. 🙁 But this weeks house? Lovely!

5. Pam Lappin Reply

February 16, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Oh my. This one is immaculate. Love it all, especially the turquoise oven.

6. Sara In AZ Reply

February 16, 2014 at 1:48 pm

In all our time of looking for a time capsule house I have developed a complete obsession for wood ceilings like this place has…this place REALLY is stunning…..ALL that woodwork….I die…I die!!!

Fabulous, fabulous house!

7. Laura Reply

February 16, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Gah! This is right where my dad lives! I need to tell him to go buy it for me…..I mean, for him. It’s for him. Right? I love, love, love, love the stone work and slate.

• Eartha Kitsch Reply

February 16, 2014 at 4:32 pm

We have family that lives a mile away from there and are all, “WHY aren’t you living in this house??!”

8. Nanacy Reply

February 16, 2014 at 3:33 pm

I did gasp when I saw the turquoise oven! thank god I didn’t faint, because then I would have missed the turquoise stovetop!!!

9. Pamela H. Reply

February 17, 2014 at 6:10 am

Stunning!! Do you think the kitchen tile is original? It seems rather large and (IMO) out of sync with the rest of the incredibly beautiful home.

February 17, 2014 at 9:35 am

If I had this house, I would never leave home. Ever.

February 18, 2014 at 11:37 am

O M G! This house has to be in my top 5 houses featured on WYBMN. Wood and turquoise appliances??? Totally my dream home *sigh*

12. Dan C. Reply

February 27, 2014 at 12:27 am

Heh, my family has a vacation house with the same oven, only in brown.

Good god I’m old.