Home » Decade » 1950 » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Ranch Charmer in Campbell, CA

February 23, 2014

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Ranch Charmer in Campbell, CA

By Eartha Kitsch

This week’s home is a gleaming time capsule rancher.  It’s super sweet with original kitchen, pink bath, beautiful hardwoods and lots of great windows. Check out this curb appeal!

Screen Shot 2014-02-22 at 8.10.04 PM

This home is located at 1238 Robway Avenue in Campbell, California. It has 4 bedrooms, 1.5 baths and approximately  1,572 square feet. It was built in 1953 and the listing price is $899,000. The home is being offered by Sara Greenwood with the Sereno Group.  From the listing:

Vintage 1953 ranch home with lots of original charm & beauty! Gorgeous hardwood floors, french doors off living room, built-in cabinetry, large eat-in kitchen with mid-century cabinetry & ceramic tile. Spacious lot with low-maintenance Eco-grass and  mature landscaping with beautiful magnolia and flowering bushes. Perfectly located in the heart of Campbell, just a short walk to DT Campbell, the Pruneyard, grocers & more!
Let’s take a look at the home!

Screen Shot 2014-02-22 at 8.11.58 PM

Screen Shot 2014-02-22 at 8.14.35 PM

Screen Shot 2014-02-22 at 8.14.23 PM

Exterior and Yard

Screen Shot 2014-02-22 at 8.15.44 PM

Screen Shot 2014-02-22 at 8.15.29 PM

Screen Shot 2014-02-22 at 8.15.15 PM

Doesn’t it look as neat as a pin and move-in ready? So light and bright! Those glass cabinets in the Kitchen would be beautiful showing off some vintage dishes and I just love the pink bathroom.  Did you see those great built-ins in the Living Room? What do you think of this pretty little home, readers? Favorite parts?

Thanks to the Sellers of this home as well as the listing agent Sara Greenwood for letting us take a tour  today. If you’re in the Campbell area, you’re in luck as there is an open house scheduled today between 1:30 and 4:30! Go on by and take a look! If you have any questions about the home or would like to schedule a showing, please contact Sara through the home link at the top of this post.

12 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Ranch Charmer in Campbell, CA

February 23, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Oh my goodness, what a beaut! Love the built ins and the tile in the kitchen!

2. Sara In AZ Reply

February 23, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Oh wow, this place looks impeccably maintained…and that pink bathroom…..swoon!!!!!!!

3. Pat in PA Reply

February 23, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Lovely home–looks well taken care of. Can someone give me an idea of what “eco grass” is?

• Eartha Kitsch Reply

February 23, 2014 at 4:37 pm

It looks like it’s grass that grows a lot slower so it requires very little maintenance and also, it needs a lot less water than other types of grass. It’s also supposed to be very disease resistant and resistant to being killed off by pets doing their “business”. Looks like it also has to be fertilized less and is good for shade. Sounds like good stuff! 🙂 I imagine needing less water and less pesticides lends it the “eco friendly” name.

4. Lassie Reply

February 23, 2014 at 3:03 pm

I kind of like it, love the hardwood floors, and it LOOKS big (of course, it being empty, it would). But $899,000 for a ‘pretty little house’? That’s jaw-dropping, but what do I know?

• Eartha Kitsch Reply

February 23, 2014 at 4:33 pm

California homes are usually higher priced than a lot of other areas of the country. This price looked to be right in line with the other houses that I was looking at in the same town.

5. Naomi Reply

February 23, 2014 at 8:22 pm

Absolutely LOVE this place and I live within walking distance to it! Right around from where my husband works (in the Pruneyard) and just around the corner from my friend, who owns a lovely, slightly smaller all original MCM house. The price sadly puts it out of the market for me – but it’s an extremely average house price for this particular area.

6. Bethany Reply

February 23, 2014 at 11:01 pm

This house seems to me to be a perfect juxtaposition of MMC with up-to-date lifestyle. The great bathroom and kitchen in particular keep their vintage features but are presented in a way that will appeal to lots of people, not just us MMC fans.

7. RetoSandie Reply

February 24, 2014 at 3:36 am

Oh my, this is a gorgeous home!!! Everything looks so fresh and bright. Love the kitchen, the built-ins and glass in the living room, the pink bathroom, and the hardwoods. Move in ready!!!!

8. Cynfusion Reply

February 24, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Hi everybody! Seller of home here 🙂 Thanks for all the lovely comments. We loved living in our little house and wouldn’t have changed it for anything, but a relo to Portland meant we had to sell.

I just wanted to jump in to give a plug for Eco-grass, because it is the best. I don’t know what the rules are about plugging here so I won’t link to it, but the company is out of Canada and easy to find. A bag of seed is about $35 and did our whole front; no mow, very low water, established itself in about three months. It’s a terrific substitute for traditional grass, and as you can see from the backyard photos does much better than the sod we had in back.

Love the blog, keep up the good work!

• Eartha Kitsch Reply

February 24, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Thanks for letting us feature your beautiful home! We hope that you love Portland! 🙂 I’m actually considering the eco-grass after seeing it in your yard. We have one big spot that I think it would be perfect for. We hope that your home sells soon and that to someone who will love it as much as you have!

9. tammyCA Reply

February 25, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Cynfusion, your home is lovely, bright and cheerful…my kinda house (mine is a ’54 Calif “ranchlette”). Someday I hope to get rid of the ’80s kitchen by previous owner to get that look your kitchen has..I LOVE rounded end shelves so much. Also, gearing up to redo our bathroom, possibly in pink, or aqua (or green or yellow…so hard to make the final decision ‘cuz I love them all). 🙂
    Also, will need to check out that eco grass..our very serious drought is scary.