Home » Decade » 1950 » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Pastel Charmer in Brookfield, WI

March 9, 2014

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Pastel Charmer in Brookfield, WI

By Eartha Kitsch

This Week’s home is such a charming one! Thanks to Kate who sent this one in for us to see.  She recently viewed the home  and describes it as  “a true 50’s gem” and I’d have to agree. There are SO many sweet details to this property AND Kate adds that there is even a fireplace with pizza oven in the Sun Room! This home also has a basement that runs the full length of the house. Square footage? Check! Tons of original features? Check!

1331593as

This home is located at 4525 Meadow View E. in Brookfield, Wisconsin. It is listed as having 2 bedrooms and 2.5 baths but Kate notes that it has an office with a closet so if you’re longing for a third bedroom, you’ve got it! The home is 2,072 square feet and was built in 1954. It is listed for $250,000 and is being offered by Jim Bizjak with ShoreWest Realtors. From the listing:

Large two bedroom Ranch with two full baths, has lots of closets. Nice size living room and dining room with a natural fireplace. Great three-season room with a natural fireplace, main floor laundry and a breezeway to the three-car garage. The lower level features a rec room with a natural fireplace, a utility room, furnace room and two huge work rooms with full size windows. There is a huge lot with mature trees, room to roam.

Let’s take a look! Oh, and be sure and keep your eyes peeled for 1. some adorable fish and 2. a mermaid!

Living Room

1331593bs

Exterior and Yard

1331593ys

1331593us

1331593ts

1331593vs

What do you all think of this home, readers? Do you love the pretty interior colors as much as I do? I especially like that acid avocado green in the Kitchen and the darling pink vanity in the bedroom with the equally fabulous flowery carpet.  And hello, how about those adorable fish?

Screen Shot 2014-03-08 at 9.22.00 PM

Those cuties have me seriously reconsidering my drab garage doors!

If you’d like to learn more about this home or schedule a showing, be sure and contact ShoreWest Realtors. Come back next Sunday for another great time capsule home tour!

18 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Pastel Charmer in Brookfield, WI

1. georgiapeachez Reply

March 9, 2014 at 7:51 am

Now if I could just transport that house to Virginia! Avocado green is my fav and I bet there is hard wood under all those carpets too.

2. Kate Reply

March 9, 2014 at 9:21 am

We looked at the house with high hopes for the hardwoods underneath, but, alas, it was only subfloor. Ugh!

3. thelmaritter Reply

March 9, 2014 at 9:50 am

I’m new to the mid century craze (because I thought I was the only one;-))so I’m not sure it’s typical to have so many windows that don’t appear to open. Is that true for most mid century homes? Because my first thought after “oh my goodness avacado cupboards!was that I would replace the windows with ones that would open to allow for fresh air.

• Eartha Kitsch Reply

March 9, 2014 at 11:10 am

It looks like some of the rooms have one small louvered window – which I had never seen before. You can see them right up next to the other windows in the bedrooms and also off of the sunporch. I had to study those for a while but it looks like you could get some fresh air that way but not nearly as much as if all of those windows opened! 🙂

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 9, 2014 at 5:06 pm

thelmaritter – my husband and I have been searching for an MCM house here in the Phoenix area and I have to say that there are many, many houses we have been through (that still retain the original windows) and most of them do not open.

4. Kate Reply

March 9, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Yes, the little louvered windows were something I had never seen before. They had them next to each window in the bedrooms, so if you opened the wood covering, you would have a cross-breeze. With all the tress around the house, it probably kept it pretty cool, even without the a/c.

5. dkzody Reply

March 9, 2014 at 2:02 pm

The rug in the pink bedroom is just wonderful. Looks like something from the 40s. Wonder if it’s original to the house?

As for the windows, isn’t this a place that gets LOTS of snow? Maybe they are double paned that don’t open. As for AC, that would have probably been added later as there wasn’t much of that around in the 50s. How hot does it get in Wisconsin?

• K of the Midwest Reply

March 12, 2014 at 12:33 pm

dkzody, it gets very, very hot and humid in Wisconsin, and it makes us brave and bonkers enough to look forward to winter. Eartha, thank you so much for sharing another great home. I’ve been eagerly looking for updates from Ranch Dressing. Midcentury fans might also enjoy this house http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/24408923?utm_source=Houzz&utm_campaign=u452&utm_medium=email&utm_content=gallery8, my dream book club would be with Eartha and Lola.

• Janice Reply

March 13, 2014 at 10:05 am

Thanks for sharing the Houzz link. What a fun read and darling house!

6. Jen Reply

March 9, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Oh, that’s PERFECT! That kitchen is so happy, and there’s that fab fireplace, too. Plus the fish on the garage doors: How cute is that? I’d snap this one up in a heartbeat.

7. Sara In AZ Reply

March 9, 2014 at 5:08 pm

What the what!? A FISH garage door……SWOON!!!! My total dream garage door!!!! Eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps – LOVE the house too…AND the mermaid shower door!

8. Bethany Reply

March 9, 2014 at 11:09 pm

Wow, even the TV looks time-capsule. That’s the one thing besides the fridge that is usually modern.

9. Janice Reply

March 10, 2014 at 9:50 am

That is one sweet sweet house that does NOT lack for windows. Even the laundry room has a great window! Love so many of the features, but the fish garage doors – LOVE! Thanks for sharing!

March 10, 2014 at 10:48 am

Put me down as another fan of the avocado green – love it in that kitchen!

11. tammyCA Reply

March 10, 2014 at 2:41 pm

What a terrific house and land! Makes me so “homesick”..I grew up back thataway with land and trees (I sure miss the weeping willows) like that and a huge picture window.

12. Pam Lappin Reply

March 11, 2014 at 12:40 am

I love all the furniture. When is the estate sale? 🙂

13. mslewis Reply

March 16, 2014 at 5:40 pm

That’s an awfully big house to have just two bedrooms but it’s just beautiful. I love that pink desk in the bedroom and both bathrooms are pretty nice. And the avocado cabinets in the kitchen make me swoon. Because the price is so great I fear a rehabber might get ahold of it and “improve” it to death. Too bad.