Home » Decade » 1960 » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Original One Owner in Phoenix, AZ

March 23, 2014

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Original One Owner in Phoenix, AZ

By Eartha Kitsch

This week’s home is a one-owner beauty. It’s as neat as a pin and so open and bright  – and it’s in a magical land called “Wistful Vista”. Okay, so I’ve never been to this house in person but isn’t Wistful Vista one of the prettiest neighborhood names ever? Wistful….Vista….

Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 9.32.37 PM

Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 9.32.57 PM

This home is located at 616 E. Orangewood Avenue in Phoenix, Arizona. It has 4 bedrooms, 3 baths and 2212 square feet. It was built in 1961 and is listed at $395,000. It is being offered by RE/MAX Excalibur.  From the listing:

Home sweet home in popular Wistful Vista neighborhood. This 4 bedroom, 3 bath home has been lovingly cared for by original owners. Amazing floor plan with formal living/dining. Family Room adjoins the kitchen & breakfast bar/casual dining. Sliding door to large covered Patio plus sparkling private diving pool. Great for entertaining! Butler pantry off kitchen. Master ensuite with large walk-in closet. Lots of Shutters.  Note:Den was original Formal Dining Room. An additional room/workshop off the back patio not included in the square footage – and  a 2nd storage room, 2 car Garage. Huge Lush yard with play house! Escape to your own in-town Resort!

Let’s take a look!

Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 9.35.37 PM

Exterior and Yard

Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 9.36.47 PM

Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 9.36.38 PM

Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 9.36.28 PM

Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 9.36.20 PM

There is so much that I’m mad about in this home.  From that fantastic security door on the front to the long patio and pool in the back  – and tons in between. What do you think, readers? Give me the scoop. What do you like about this pretty rancher?

For more information about this home or to schedule a showing, please give RE/MAX Excalibur a call. Thanks to Sara for passing this house along to be shared. Please join us next week for another beautiful time capsule home!

9 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Original One Owner in Phoenix, AZ

1. Jeanine Reply

March 23, 2014 at 11:21 am

I love the shutter things on the windows and that window seat in the bathroom! What a room to escape to!

2. Sara In AZ Reply

March 23, 2014 at 1:11 pm

I love this house…..I am pretty much obsessed with ALL of those built ins and ALL the kitchen cabinets!!!

3. thelmaritter Reply

March 24, 2014 at 9:15 am

The stainless cooktop reminded me to warn my midcentury friends of my ongoing stove saga. With a six yr old, 2 additional furry children and a husband who views a clean house as some sort of witchcraft i cant do stainless. So my bright idea was to do black gas range (i wanted a change from ivory). (Activate julia roberts pretty woman character)–Big mistake. Huge. Now I’m clean but not in an OCD way. But the stove has become my nemesis. It shows every little speck of dust and cathair like it is backlit by neon. And don’t even get me started on the armegeddon that occurs if i fry something. Suffice it to say clean up requires lots of windex and (sob) lots of paper towels. Give me any midcentury color any day. In short, black appliances make stainless look worry-free!

• Eartha Kitsch Reply

March 25, 2014 at 2:59 pm

I agree with you there! I had a black cooktop at my old house and it looked like it was smeared in grease at least 95% of the time, no matter how clean I tried to keep it.

4. Janice Reply

March 24, 2014 at 9:47 am

I love so many of the features in this house, but I adore those bathroom sinks! The enormous covered patio is awesome as well as the pool!

5. NYBaloo Reply

March 26, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Wistful Vista was the name of the town that Fibber McGee and Molly lived in. If you are not familiar, it was a radio show that ran from the mid 30’s to the late 50’s.

• Eartha Kitsch Reply

March 26, 2014 at 4:44 pm

That’s cool to know! I’ve heard of Fibber McGee and Molly but have never listened to it. How funny that they used that same name.

6. Jacki Reply

March 28, 2014 at 3:42 pm

The address surprised me so I Googled it. I grew up a 4 minute drive from that house. This house is in what is called the “Central Ave. District” and the area is very desirable because of the large lots that the houses sit on. Unfortunately because of the lots quite a few homes in this area (and many others) are being torn down to build McMansions. Sad, but true. It’s nice to see this home is still original and well taken care of. Love the house!!!

7. Katie Reply

April 6, 2014 at 9:56 pm

I’m frankly happy to hear that other people with black stovetops have the grease/cat hair problem. I just thought we must have the worst cooktop, ever.