Home » Decade » 1960 » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Traditional Classic in Cobb, WI

March 30, 2014

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Traditional Classic in Cobb, WI

By Eartha Kitsch

There is a lot to be said for a well-kept and well-loved traditional home. No fancy bells or whistles but still, aesthetically pleasing and ready to serve for many more decades. This week’s home is just like that – and what a charmer!

This home is located at 302 Moundview Street in Cobb, Wisconsin. It has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths and is 2,304 square feet. It is listed at $139,900 and is being offered by Coldwell Banker. From the listing:

A fabulous level corner lot, a fabulous brick home waiting for your life to fill it up! Beautiful wood floors have spent decades covered by carpet and have been preserved for your pleasure. There are not one, but two wood burning fireplaces for your fun. The kitchen has a wall oven, a new cooktop stove and breakfast bar. I love the sun room and louvered doors to the dining room area. The master bedroom is huge with two closets and its own bathroom and built-in dresser. The house is a classic, must see!

Let’s take a look!

Living Room

Eat-in Area / Den

Dining Room

One of the Bedrooms

Sun Room

I think that I could happily move right on in. I love the finishes and I’ve always wanted a pleasant fireplace off of the kitchen. I can’t think of anything that I’d change except for the newer wall oven. What do you think of this home, readers?

Thanks so much to Jane for sending this gem in for us to tour! If you’d like to learn more about this home, please contact Coldwell Banker.

6 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Traditional Classic in Cobb, WI

1. thelmaritter Reply

March 30, 2014 at 10:21 am

Oooh! I like that full length window in the dining room.

2. Sara In AZ Reply

March 30, 2014 at 12:58 pm

Oh gosh, I adore all that paneling and those fireplaces….swoon!!!

3. Mr. Tiny Reply

March 30, 2014 at 3:49 pm

Gorgeous!!! I have a soft spot for unassuming little houses like this. That stone fireplace is killing me.

4. Janice Reply

March 31, 2014 at 10:12 am

I spy a pink sink in that bathroom and what looks like a very cool original tile floor in that same bathroom. What a great sturdy house with wonderful features at an affordable price. I would take it in a heartbeat, but alas, I couldn’t handle those Wisconsin winters!

March 31, 2014 at 10:38 am

Mmmm, wood … and there is lots of it in this house. Definitely a ton of fantastic original features here!

6. Katie Reply

March 31, 2014 at 10:34 pm

I wish listing agents would show countertops in time capsule home listings. I always find that I’m craning my neck slightly because maybe if I *look down* on my computer screen, I’ll be able to see the pattern.

PS – I would move into this house in a second.