Home » Decade » 1950 » Antique Show Finds!

April 23, 2014

Antique Show Finds!

by Andrea

I was originally going to start bringing you a reupholstery tutorial this week, however I broke my arm at derby practice last Wednesday.  The chair reupholstery tutorial will still be coming, however it will have to wait until I get my cast off or figure out how to reupholster one-handed, whichever comes first!

I went to an antique show here this past weekend, it’s one of the larger ones around these parts.  I don’t know if the vendors had sympathy for my broken arm, but they all gave me deals without even asking on what I bought!  I am pretty excited about my finds, so here they are!

20140422_120333

I was super excited to find this lamp, as I have been looking for one of this type for some time.  This is one of the ones that is meant to clip on to a headboard for reading, however I wanted it to clip on to my vanity mirror so I can have a bit more light when I do my makeup.  This one fits the bill perfectly!

20140422_120525

This is probably my most exciting find.  I have been after one of these Kromex spice sets for quite some time.  I know they do usually come up on eBay pretty frequently, but shipping to Canada usually makes the price pretty prohibitive.  Last time I saw one at a show, it was being snatched up by someone else, so I was super excited to find this one!

20140422_120425

It’s in fantastic condition – I love that the rack portion is long and skinny, rather than the two shorter row rack style.

20140422_120448

The spice jars are in fantastic shape as well – I am actually glad I didn’t get the set I saw previously, as this set is in much better condition!  As I already have a set of Kromex canisters, this really excites me.

20140422_120652

Totally not mid-century, but I couldn’t pass this up, as Ella loves My Little Pony, and it reminds me of when I was a kid.

Any of you have any great antique show finds lately?  I would love to hear what you’ve found!

12 Responses to Antique Show Finds!

1. Janice Reply

April 23, 2014 at 9:41 am

YIKES!! Sorry to hear you broke your arm! Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I have the spice set, too, but it’s the double stacked set. It hangs right next to my stove and I use it all the time. Again….why don’t they still make something like this? I would much rather reach to my spice set than dig through a cabinet or drawer. Love the vanity light!

• Andrea Reply

April 23, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Thanks, Janice! I plan on mounting mine by my stove – I totally agree, it is far more practical than hunting through cupboards and drawers for the right spice!

2. Susan Reply

April 23, 2014 at 10:16 am

You poor soul – about the arm, obviously, not the finds…:-) – you must be typing with one hand!

• Andrea Reply

April 23, 2014 at 5:35 pm

Thanks, Susan! Yes, one handed typing for me for awhile. Using my tablet makes it not so bad though, since the keyboard is smaller :-)

April 23, 2014 at 10:39 am

Ugh! That sucks about the arm! I hope it heals fast. But I LOVE that clip on light.

• Andrea Reply

April 23, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Thanks, Ruth! I am hoping it heals fast, too, not being able to sew or craft is making me crazy! I am loving my new light – it was great to actually see what I was doing when I did my makeup this morning, LOL

4. Kimberly Reply

April 23, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Great finds!

5. Kimberly Reply

April 24, 2014 at 12:41 am

I have the Kromex Spice set only with pink lids AnD the original box!!

• Andrea Reply

April 24, 2014 at 10:35 am

That’s cool, Kimberley! So do you use them, or do you keep them in the box?

6. Sara In AZ Reply

April 25, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Uggghhhh, sorry on the arm Andrea. :(

I am SUPER in love with that Kromex set….GREAT find!!!!

7. Kimberly Reply

April 28, 2014 at 2:14 am

I take them out sometimes and play pink kitchenary but really I’m saving them for my vintage camper……sigh…….

• Andrea Reply

April 29, 2014 at 12:28 pm

Oh cool, that’s a great thing to save them for!