Home » Decade » 1960 » Vintage Montgomery Ward Spring and Summer 1962 Catalog

April 10, 2014

Vintage Montgomery Ward Spring and Summer 1962 Catalog

By Sara In AZ

I recently picked up this completely fabulous Montgomery Ward catalog from 1962 and I just knew that I had to share some of it with y’all!

I will scan some pages in every so often and share them with you all over time, it’s such a treasure trove I know you’ll want to see everything!

Oh gosh, they all look smashing don’t they!?

Those little bows really make that suit stand out!

You gotta love the mint green!

So cool…..SO Jackie O!

I love that dress with the little navy cardigan.

Yes! Sign me up for that pink gingham dress….and that wicker purse!

Oh my gosh – the hat with the cherries…..SO adorable!

Stay tuned for more to come!

16 Responses to Vintage Montgomery Ward Spring and Summer 1962 Catalog

1. Emily Reply

April 10, 2014 at 6:22 am

I love how contrived their poses are! and of course the clothes are divine too

• Sara In AZ Reply

April 10, 2014 at 2:18 pm

I know Emily – those poses just kill me! 🙂

2. Jacki Reply

April 10, 2014 at 10:08 am

Sara,
    This makes me want to pull out my sewing machine and old patterns! Where did you find this?

• Sara In AZ Reply

April 10, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Totally Jacki….if only I could sew that well I take out my sewing machine too! I got it off of eBay a while back….. no one else was bidding on it and I got it for right around $15.

April 10, 2014 at 10:27 am

I can’t even take it. I can’t take how much people used to care about how they looked! I want to go baaaaack. And wow, that hat with the cherries!

• Sara In AZ Reply

April 10, 2014 at 2:22 pm

I know Eartha…..it’s just SO sad nowadays…..I want to go back too!!!

4. Jacki Reply

April 10, 2014 at 10:39 am

I agree with Eartha,
    Back in the “60’s, when I was a little girl, we dressed up to get on an airplane, go out to eat, or go to church. Those were big events back in the sixties and seventies. Most people don’t do that anymore. Those hats ARE way too incredible.

• Sara In AZ Reply

April 10, 2014 at 2:23 pm

I agree with Eartha too Jacki….it’s just SO sad how people think going out in printed fleecy pajama bottoms is ok….ugggghhhhh.

5. Betty Homemaker Reply

April 10, 2014 at 11:25 am

*sigh* I want all of this…ALL of it!

6. Barbara Reply

April 10, 2014 at 2:39 pm

I think we all would like to go back to when people dressed up for everything and cared about how they look.

But remember, girdles were the norm, and I must say that no girdle’s suits me just fine.

But I could use one!

• Sara In AZ Reply

April 10, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Barbara – If we could just have no more pajama bottoms worn out in public I would be a happy girl!

7. Lassie Reply

April 11, 2014 at 12:16 am

I love about 90% of these outfits. I also love the hat-with-cherries. But she’s wearing it with a bright green pantsuit! Sorry, that just doesn’t fly. A hat like that calls for a pretty cotton frock. It just seems goofy with a pantsuit.

JMO. Thanks for showing these pages, I adore looking at old catalogs.

8. Mod Betty / RetroRoadmap.com Reply

April 11, 2014 at 8:06 am

What adorable outfits – especially after being out last night at a local store and seeing someone basically in their pajamas. Granted I was in workout pants, but had just come from working out! My how times have changed.

April 11, 2014 at 11:47 am

I would wear the heck out of that black dress with the brown buttons/trim. Love this catalogue, Sara, keep it coming!

10. Nancy Reply

June 19, 2016 at 7:04 am

I used to look for my annual swim suit (and of course Christmas wish list for toys) in the Montgomery Ward catalog. I actually remember some of these pages you’ve posted!! If you can find the girls swimsuits (for ages 7-10-ish) I would love to see them!