Home » Decade » 1950 » My Retro 50s/60s Vintage Wallpaper Collection Part 2

May 15, 2014

My Retro 50s/60s Vintage Wallpaper Collection Part 2

By Sara In AZ

As promised on Tuesday, we continuing on with pictures of my wallpaper collection…………………….

Oh my gosh, bunnies and bears…..cuteness overload!

The markings along the side.

Isn’t this farmhouse theme wallpaper fun, I love those cows!

I bought this vintage Disney wallpaper for one main reason (maybe some of you can guess)…….the mermaids! Honestly though, I think it is a really cute Peter Pan pattern. It is marked ‘Walt Disney Productions’ – you can just barely see the mark up near the top underneath the map.

This vintage wallpaper is a high quality vinyl type wallpaper. I adore the sea life theme!

I was trying to get a picture of the glittery gold highlights in this view.

I LOVE this wallpaper – those seahorses are SO cute! I only have one partial roll of this paper, so not enough to even do a wall…darn!

These are the markings on the back of the seahorse wallpaper.

Flamingos! This wallpaper is so FAB too! The colors on this paper are just beautiful – a very pale blue/gray. The silver highlights really make this paper pop!

All of the markings on the paper……….

Bathing poodles, primping poodles, playful poodles…..what’s not to love! Adorbs!

And finally, probably my very favorite wallpaper of all time – the French Poodles in Paris wallpaper! That smoking poodle just kills me! The color is really FAB too – are really vibrant teal blue.

Here are the marks of the back of the paper.

I hope that y’all haven’t gotten tired of seeing vintage wallpaper, coming up on Tuesday I have a post on  vintage wallpaper borders.

15 Responses to My Retro 50s/60s Vintage Wallpaper Collection Part 2

1. Lynne Reply

May 15, 2014 at 10:37 am

When I have partial rolls or just sniglets of wallpaper I line dresser drawers (or any drawer) with it. That way I’m using it, and getting to see the design, pretty much everyday even tho it isn’t on the wall! In a linen cupboard, you can fold the edge down across the front, like the old border shelf paper.

• Sara In AZ Reply

May 15, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Great idea Lynne, thanks for the tip…..I may wind up doing that!

May 15, 2014 at 10:44 am

What a great collection. The French poodles are totally awesome! Are you planning to use any of these in your new home?

• Sara In AZ Reply

May 15, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Thanks! I definitely want to try to use some of these papers Andrea. I will probably use more paper from the first post I did, but I’d LOVE to *try* to use the bathing poodles paper from this post…..it’s just that I only have a little more than a roll so I am not 100% sure if I will have enough.

May 15, 2014 at 11:36 am

TOTALLY jelly over that Disney paper!

May 15, 2014 at 1:44 pm

KILLING ME. Even the ones that you don’t use, you should take a square of and just frame. Do a wall of them.

5. divajean Reply

May 15, 2014 at 5:39 pm

I am loving the poodles with the lavender ribbons. Our vintage bathroom has the grey plastic marble effect tile with swirls of purple in it. I painted the walls in there a mid tone lavender– but the poodle paper with lavender would have been cute on one wall.

• Sara In AZ Reply

May 16, 2014 at 4:40 pm

I adore that poodle print too……I’m hoping to be able to use it at the ranch!

6. RangerSmith Reply

May 15, 2014 at 6:28 pm

OK, I thought the Flamingos couldn’t be topped until I saw the Smoking Poodles on teal back ground. Brilliant! The Aria hotel in Las Vegas has framed gift wrapping as wall art. Your partial rolls of wallpaper are way better than that!

• Sara In AZ Reply

May 16, 2014 at 4:41 pm

Well thanks so much RangerSmith! I will definitely have to think about framing some of these!

7. Treehousebird Reply

May 16, 2014 at 12:30 pm

I must have that flamingo! I have been searching for a flamingo paper to pull together my blue and peach/pink guest bath. Most modern flamingo paper I’ve found is bright pink, which doesn’t match. Any hot tips on where to find more?

• Sara In AZ Reply

May 16, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Gosh, it is vintage…probably made back in the 50s sometime….so you’d either have to look on ebay or etsy and see if anyone was selling a roll. I’d set up searches for ‘flamingo wallpaper’ and have ebay auto send you the results everyday…..you never know a roll will probably pop up sooner or later!

8. tammyCA Reply

May 18, 2014 at 5:28 pm

So adorable…all of them. Peter Pan is my favorite Disney cartoon, esp. for the mermaids and Tink. I second the idea of framing them so you can preserve them.