Home » Decade » 1950 » Wednesday Finds!

May 21, 2014

Wednesday Finds!

by Andrea

It was a long weekend this past weekend up here in Alberta – which can be really hit or miss for garage sales.  So I was really unsure how I would do garage saleing.  Boy was I surprised – I did awesome!

20140520_223113

I thought this Scrabble Crossword Cubes game would be fun to take camping.  Plus, I loved the super 60’s couple on the box – don’t they look like they are having a good time?

20140520_223148

Speaking of camping … Anyone who knows me knows I looooove vintage VW Buses.  This set of cards is reproduction, but it’s got such awesome mid-century artwork that I had to snap it up!

20140520_223203

Now – my fave finds!  I found several Gourmates pieces at a rural community hall sale.  This tray is a smaller size, and it’s great to hold my S+P shakers on my kitchen table.

20140520_223239

It even still had the Gourmates sticker on the bottom!  I find that these pieces usually still only have their stickers half the time or so.

20140520_223255

I was really stoked about this cream and sugar set as well – especially since it still has the original sugar spoon!

20140520_223318

This platter is ginormous!  I am guessing it was meant for serving turkey or the like.  The one handle is a bit discoloured, so I will have to figure out how to restore it.  Best part – I only paid $3 for all of these Gourmates pieces!  Wow!

I did have one other pretty sweet find to share, but I am saving it for next week.  Be sure to come back and check it out next Wednesday!

10 Responses to Wednesday Finds!

1. Janice Reply

May 21, 2014 at 9:45 am

You got some great scores and we all got a peek at your lovely cast! :)

• Andrea Reply

May 21, 2014 at 11:00 am

LOL! Yes, my big black cast! 4.5 weeks more to go with that thing!

2. CAT Reply

May 21, 2014 at 10:25 am

My sister was visiting from the States on Mother’s Day weekend (I live in SK, Canada), and we did some garage sales. We had an AMAZING day. Awesome finds. Filled her rental car twice!! It was a great haul. I hope the rest of the garage sales in SK this summer are as great.

• Andrea Reply

May 21, 2014 at 11:02 am

Oooh, wow, you did do well! It often seems when I am at antique shows, the vendors are always telling me that their goods came from somewhere in Sask, so there must be a lot of good stuff to be had in your province!

• CAT Reply

May 22, 2014 at 4:04 pm

Gourmantes is growing on trees in SK!

• Andrea Reply

May 23, 2014 at 10:09 am

It’s pretty common here as well, but it’s usually a little more difficult to fins pieces that have all of their parts, especially if they had any glass pieces. I wouldn’t quite say it’s growin on trees here, though, LOL

May 21, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Holy cow! What a deal for all that Gourmates! That cream and sugar set is amazing.

• Andrea Reply

May 23, 2014 at 10:07 am

I was shocked myself. There was a $3 sticker on the small tray, so I asked about pricing for the rest, and couldn’t get my money out fast enough when she said the $3 was for all of it!

4. Sara In AZ Reply

May 23, 2014 at 1:47 am

I am totally loving that Scrabble game…….and TOTAL score on all the Gourmates stuff – WOW!