Home » Decade » 1970 » Jacquies’s Retro 1970s Time Capsule House

June 17, 2014

Jacquies’s Retro 1970s Time Capsule House

By Sara In AZ

As promised last Thursday……… here are the pictures of No Pattern Required reader Jacquie’s 1970s time capsule house!

Great house Jacquie! Love the slump block accents and that old-timey screen door!

Check out her cool furniture and accessories……. Jacquie reports that the sofa is a Kroehler Avant.

Meet Roxy, one of their fur babies,  and their FAB stereo!

Jacquie’s two way fireplace….aren’t two way fireplaces just the coolest?!

Here is Jacquie’s kitchen….love the orange rugs! I believe she said the Formica was original to the house and they did install new VCT floors…..I think it all looks great!

Wow, get a load of her amazing dining table! Swoon!

Awwwww, I just adore your wall plaque fish Jacquie!

Here is Jacquie’s super cool master bedroom!

Even her patio door has a cool handle!

Here are a few pictures of Jacquie’s patio/pool area……………..

………..LOVE all of that vintage patio furniture Jacquie!

And wow, even a Sundrella patio umbrella?! You are a lucky girl Jacquie!

I hope that you all enjoyed the tour of Jacquie’s 2 fabulous homes……I sure did!

Thanks Jacquie!

6 Responses to Jacquies’s Retro 1970s Time Capsule House

1. Jacquie y Reply

June 17, 2014 at 8:34 am

Thank you, Sara, for the wonderful posts of the houses, we are so happy to share our little piece of retro Heaven on Earth. We really appreciate you being so thoughtful! We love to see other folks ideas and pics,… hope you all enjoy ours as well.
    Retro Rules!

Jacquie & Glen

• Sara In AZ Reply

June 17, 2014 at 10:45 am

Thank you for sharing all the pics with us Jacquie – it was very kind of you! I loved seeing your fabulous retro homes…..so glad you were able to save and restore them……yes, retro does rule!

June 17, 2014 at 11:16 am

Awesome! I especially love the handle on the screen door! What a great detail!

3. Maureen Reply

June 22, 2014 at 8:18 pm

What a wonderful house! I don’t know about anyone else, but I am ready for a drink party at Jacquie’s poolside!

June 26, 2014 at 11:59 am

What a great house! I love the pet family too. :) I’ve always wanted a double-sided fireplace and one of those patio umbrellas.

Are those two china cabinets put side by side or just the widest most wonderful china cabinet of my dreams?

• Jacquie y Reply

July 2, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Hi Eartha,
      Yes we love our little pet friends! And yes the hutches are side by side. Hubby found them at an auction and picked up both and surprised me, he STOLE them for $25 each! He was sooo proud. They are identical, so I figured why not..saved me some space.:)They have the original tags inside the drawers, stating a division of Broyhill Pacemaker. They are actually laminate, so they are super easy to wipe off.