Home » Fashion » Vintage Revlon Lipstick Colors Still Available Today

June 9, 2014

Vintage Revlon Lipstick Colors Still Available Today

By RetroRuth

So, if you saw my post about the four Vintage Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks being reissued, then this post should come as no surprise. I loved those vintage shades so much, I decided I am going to get the rest of Revlon’s vintage colors, which are part of their permanent line!  I have managed to get Blase Apricot and Persian Melon so far, but I still have a few I need to collect. I am very excited about Cherries In the Snow, I heard that it is beautiful! Certainly Red

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipcolor Certainly Red

Originally from 1956   Luminous Pink

Revlon Super Lustrous – Creme Lipstick, Luminous Pink

Originally from 1956 Persian Melon

Revlon Moon Drops – Creme Lipstick, Persian Melon 585

Originally from 1957 Blase Apricot

Revlon Moon Drops – Creme Lipstick, Blase Apricot

Originally from 1962 Did I miss any, or do you guys have any more suggestions for classic makeup shades? Let me know! If you would like to check out more vintage and retro makeup shopping picks, head on over to our Makeup & Beauty Page!

8 Responses to Vintage Revlon Lipstick Colors Still Available Today

June 9, 2014 at 11:07 am

I’ve heard that Cherries in the Snow was Marilyn Monroe’s favorite color. Of course, I can’t prove that.

2. Desirae Reply

June 9, 2014 at 11:39 am

If you ever need any colors you can’t get where you live, I can get them all here. Sometimes colors like Cherries in the Snow are sold out, but I have been able to catch it after a new shipment arrives. Let me know if you ever need me to pick up some for you.

June 9, 2014 at 11:46 am

I should really try Cherries in the Snow one of these days – perhaps it might be a suitable replacement for my Raven Red! Revlon’s got quite a few original colours available in their nail polish line as well.

4. Sonya S. Reply

June 9, 2014 at 4:05 pm

I know the color “Stormy Pink” was released in at some point in the mid-late 50s. It’s a great color.

5. divajean Reply

June 9, 2014 at 5:39 pm

My best friend and I were all about Revlon’s Silver City Pink in the 80’s. As I aged, my coloring changed and I now prefer reds with a blue undertone.. probably close to Cherries in the Snow, but darker.

6. Amanda Reply

June 9, 2014 at 11:07 pm

My grandmother would always tell me how she loved wearing Cherries in the Snow. Revlon had re-released some of these colors in the mid-2000’s. I picked up some of the lipstick and nail polish for her then and she was tickled pink. I have tried the lipstick and unfortunately it’s not a good color for me. However, the nail polish looks fabulous on.

7. Dee Reply

June 18, 2014 at 11:41 am

As a former TWA flight attendant, I remember being told by one of our more senior stews that back in the ’60s when she was hired, they were only allowed to wear one of these 2 lipstick colors (which had to match the nail color) – “Persian Melon” & “Fire & Ice”.