Home » Decade » 1950 » Wednesday Finds!

June 4, 2014

Wednesday Finds!

by Andrea

I am doing so well this garage sale season!  I just had to show you all my finds from this past weekend.

20140603_164037

I absolutely couldn’t pass up this clock radio even though the front is a little scratched.  Aren’t the numbers gorgeous?

20140603_164249

It’s been awhile since I found any good additions for my salt + pepper shaker and dog figurine collection, but I sure cleaned up at one garage sale!

20140603_164308

I really love sets that clearly go together but aren’t exactly the same.  These pretty flamingos definitely fit the bill.

20140603_164334

This has got to be one of the cutest sets in my collection.  I love mama and baby animal s+p sets, and these bears are utterly adorable.

20140603_165333

Not sure how I didn’t already have a set of Native s+p shakers in my collection, as they are definitely so Canadian!

20140603_164343

And finally, this Scottie Dog wearing a tam was just too cute not to bring home!

Have any of you readers had any great finds lately?

12 Responses to Wednesday Finds!

1. CAT Reply

June 4, 2014 at 10:40 am

Had another amazing garage sale weekend in SK Canada last week. Found a brand new, floral Eatons blanket still in its packaging. Love that. And I couldn’t pass up a set of 7 (not 8) red and black coin glasses in the caddy. Awesome!

• Andrea Reply

June 4, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Nice! I would have totally gone for the blanket too, the fact that it is from Eatons makes it awesome!

2. Joanna Reply

June 4, 2014 at 1:27 pm

ooohhh yeah, lots of scores lately! And if you were looking for S&P shakers, I wish you could’ve seen the estate sale I went to this weekend. Literally HUNDREDS!!

This weekend, I scored:
    18 Shiny Bright Ornaments
    5 vintage Lefton Christmas figures
    Christmas music box (similar to lefton, can’t remember the manufacturer)
    12 1950s-1960s felt christmas gift tags (they are so cute!)
    1960s santa candy dish
    1960s-1970s perpetual calendar
    2 50s pill boxes
    Chicago compact souvenir photo album
    Orange floral Bakelite brooch
    refillable perfume bottle
    Cateye glasses (prescription, the woman had horrible sight!)
    7 various souvenir scarves
    2 novelty kitty scarves
    1940s-1950s children’s wool coat

I spent about $60 on everything. I am a happy girl!
    If you’re interested in seeing my finds, check out my blog! http://www.midcenturymacgyver.com

3. Sara In AZ Reply

June 4, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Oh my gosh…..those flamingo S&P’s…..fabulous!!! Also, that radio is amazeballs!!! Great finds!

• Andrea Reply

June 4, 2014 at 4:04 pm

I had a feeling you would appreciate the flamingo shakers! :-)

June 4, 2014 at 3:23 pm

I love those bears! Awww! And that clock radio.

• Andrea Reply

June 4, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Thanks, Eartha! I am madly in love with the bears, they are so cute!