Home » Decade » 1950 » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Lakeville, Minnesota

July 6, 2014

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Lakeville, Minnesota

By Eartha Kitsch

This week’s home is a fabulous one with so many fun original interior details!  The exterior won’t be outdone though. It’s smashing too! Oh, and it’s got a lake view. Hmm…what’s not to love here?

ISlulnfclnvpj51000000000

This home is located at 16000 County Road 5 in Lakeville, Minnesota. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and is 2,348 square feet. It is a custom-built, one owner home and sits on 10. 26 acres.  The house was built in 1953 and is listed for $599,000. It is being offered by Todd Shipman with Sotheby’s International Realty.

Let’s take a look inside!

Foyer

IShzazvf0jq3k51000000000

Living Room

IS5ihzezc7fvj51000000000

Dining Room

ISxbfnws8z6yj51000000000

Screen Shot 2014-07-05 at 7.37.45 PM

Kitchen

ISp5dbem4ry0k51000000000

Den

Screen Shot 2014-07-05 at 7.38.17 PM

Additional Living Space  (I love this room so much)

Screen Shot 2014-07-05 at 7.38.30 PM

Bathrooms

Screen Shot 2014-07-05 at 7.38.57 PM

Screen Shot 2014-07-05 at 7.38.40 PM

Exterior and Yard

IS9t8nd9wai6k51000000000

ISt0ozxipv3nj51000000000

IS1n6bv2s2a9k51000000000

Could that setting get any more serene looking? And that glorious house! Did you notice the sweet fish design in the stair railing?  The cool tile and counter tops in the bathroom? What’s your favorite parts about this home, readers?

For more information on this home or to schedule a showing, please contact Todd Shipman with Sotheby’s International Realty.  Join me again next Sunday when we’ll tour another great time capsule home!

9 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Lakeville, Minnesota

1. Sara In AZ Reply

July 6, 2014 at 8:53 am

Whoa…..seriously?! This house couldn’t be any more awesome if it tried!!!

2. divajean Reply

July 6, 2014 at 11:54 am

Another beauty that I am praying the buyer doesn’t want to “renovate.”

3. tammyCA Reply

July 6, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Wow, amazing design…it would be a crime to change this 1953 beauty…hope a retro lover gets it. The fish designs are very cool, ya just don’t get this kinda unique design features today. And, what a beautiful nature setting..sigh.

4. Jacki Reply

July 6, 2014 at 9:55 pm

That house is so perfect! I LOVE the kitchen. Are those metal cabinets? Can’t really tell. We lived in a town called Apple Valley approx. 15 miles from Lakeville for a couple of years. Lakeville was a cute town; a little bit of a farming community back then. I imagine it has grown up quite a bit since 1986. Such a dream house; I really hope it is preserved!

5. Carrie Reply

July 7, 2014 at 11:24 am

Wow that additional living space is amazing! This house had me at the first pic that showed the fish stair railings! If only I had $600,000.

6. Janice Reply

July 7, 2014 at 11:48 am

I love that so much of the original furniture is still there and the light fixtures are wonderful! So many things to love about this house and the setting is to die for. I don’t think I could take the Minnesota winters, but living in that house would make it a little easier. I also love the pink tile in the kitchen!

July 8, 2014 at 11:00 am

Totally gorgeous, and on your own piece of land in the country? Fantastic!

8. dkzody Reply

July 12, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Would like to see this in winter. The yard is so beautiful in what I guess is summer?