Home » Fashion » Aprons » My Vintage Apron Collection – Part 1

September 19, 2016

My Vintage Apron Collection – Part 1

By RetroRuth

If you’ve seen my recent post about making labels for my reorganized kitchen, you know I recently went through everything hanging around in my kitchen and pantry cabinets, purging and moving things around mostly just to drive Tom crazy. During that process, I sorted through my vintage apron collection. Which was tons of fun because I hardly got rid of anything. But I decided to also take some pictures for you guys, since I’m not sure I’ve ever shared these before!

IMG_5302

These are actually some of my newest acquisitions. Most of these came from friends of my mother, who heard I liked vintage aprons and decided to contribute some of theirs! Thank you!

IMG_5301

I love the pockets on this one.

IMG_5299

This one is just the cutest, and the fabric is heavier so it makes a great everyday apron.

IMG_5292

A pretty full apron.

IMG_5293

This one is actually an adorable child-sized apron that fits Alex perfectly. I keep meaning to reach for it when she paints or does crafts…by it is so pristine I would hate to mess it up. I think I might have my apron priorities screwed up!

IMG_5296

IMG_5298

These two look like they are from the same pattern, I love the faux pockets.

IMG_5303

IMG_5304

Adorable stitching detail on this one.

IMG_5305

This one is by far my favorite. Love the print.

Stay tuned for more aprons from my collection!

11 Responses to My Vintage Apron Collection – Part 1

1. sherree Reply

September 19, 2016 at 6:27 am

I love them all but the aqua/ orange/ green with the fancy stitching is my favorite! I can’t wait to see more. I collect them too but have thinned out my stash to only include those that actually match my kitchen or were from my Grandmother. Thanks for sharing!

• RetroRuth Reply

September 19, 2016 at 10:36 am

Ugh! I dread having to thin mine out eventually. I love them all so much!

2. sherree Reply

September 19, 2016 at 6:31 am

The link to your post about reorganizing your kitchen is not working 🙁

• RetroRuth Reply

September 19, 2016 at 10:34 am

Oops! That’s because I published these out of order. 🙂 It links to my post about making magnet labels now. Thanks for letting me know!

3. Sharon Reply

September 19, 2016 at 7:31 am

I LOVE that third one. And the last one.

• RetroRuth Reply

September 19, 2016 at 10:35 am

The third one is awesome!

September 19, 2016 at 10:22 am

The orange floral one has to be my favourite – but they are all so pretty!

• RetroRuth Reply

September 19, 2016 at 10:35 am

They are, I love them!

5. Susan Reply

September 19, 2016 at 11:30 am

I have always loved aprons. My nonna (grandmother) was always in an apron (the full length ones). My mom used to wear aprons while cooking.

I went to culinary school and still have all my stark white aprons. But truth be told, I have always hated the look of the professional apron.

I have always loved the aprons designed for housewives. Such a pity we no longer use them.

Your collection is so adorable!!! I bet there are still some aprons at my dad’s house. If I think of it, I’ll poke around. If they’re in decent shape, I’ll send them to you.

6. cc Reply

September 19, 2016 at 10:08 pm

I wear one everyday time I am in the kitchen, it makes me feel more, somehow, when I cook. I go to estate sales looking for them all the time, I love your collection. They should not be stashed away but adore, thank you for sharing.

7. Sara In AZ Reply

September 20, 2016 at 4:29 pm

I adore that sheer apron at the top, SO fancy looking!