Home » Decade » 1950 » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Arvada, Colorado

February 26, 2017

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Arvada, Colorado

By MidModMichelle

Ok folks! We’ve got a super cute 1956 split-level ranch for your viewing pleasure today. It has tons of original features, and some definite 60s-70s design additions. What I really like about it is you could keep it an eclectic mix of 50s-70s décor and it will still look stylish! And, would you take a look at that garage door! So cute!!

This home is located at 6340 Vance St, Arvada, Colorado on a nice lot close to parks and trails. It is a 3 bedroom, 1 bath, 1,921 square foot home built in 1956 that is being offered at $315,000. The listing is courtesy of Christopher Wedgwood at RE/MAX Alliance Colorado. For more information and additional photos you can check out the listing here. From the listing:

This Mid-Century Modern Contemporary home near Olde Town, Arvada establishes itself with unique charisma and eccentric charm as soon as you cross the threshold. The enclosed patio at the rear of the entry way will quickly become your favorite hangout, with the floating fireplace acting as the centerpiece, you’ll find yourself gravitating to this room often. Gleaming wood floors, period tiles, built-ins and decorator touches bring a sense of nostalgia. Expansive family/recreation room in the lower level. New furnace and water heater. Bike or walk to Olde Town, parks and trails.

LIVING ROOM & DNING ROOM

KITCHEN

(There’s a lot to love about this kitchen!!)

OFFICE

(Nice built-ins and I even kind of dig the red shag carpet!)

SUNROOM

(SWOON!!! This room would be such a cool hang space!)

BEDROOMS

BATHROOM

(Wow! Carpet in the bathroom would have to go but I like the 60s-70s wallpaper.)

REC ROOM

YARD

You know, I think I’d keep it eclectic with the 50s-70s elements if it were mine. (Except the bathroom carpet of course.) It really seems like a hip and fun space to me. I would definitely freshen up the paint and change out the non-vintage light fixtures but I actually like the wallpaper in the kitchen and bathroom. And that tree mural is super interesting- I may try and work with that. (However, I’m very intrigued about the purpose of that black rectangle in the living room.) How do y’all feel about this one?

12 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Arvada, Colorado

1. Dan Reply

February 26, 2017 at 9:01 am

I love the circle wallpaper and the copper tile backsplash, but together they are too busy for me: and, from what I can see, that’s a pretty lousy kitchen layout.

I think the tree is cheesy, but agree with the rest of your comment. Could that black void be the entrance to the underworld?

• MidModMichelle Reply

March 3, 2017 at 10:27 pm

I love tacky stuff, so yeah I’d keep the polka dot paper. Also, they should add that to the real estate listing: “cute mid-century ranch with gaping entrance to the underworld in the living room.” It couldn’t hurt right? 😉

2. Daniel Nauman Reply

February 26, 2017 at 10:36 am

Nifty+groovy=nroovy.

I believe the shiny black void is a giant flat screen TV, distorted by the all-encompassing camera lens.

3. Cheryl H Reply

February 26, 2017 at 11:12 am

The kitchen layout is awful and that oven is cool looking. But 1 bathroom–seriously?

4. effika Reply

February 26, 2017 at 4:48 pm

I love the office built-ins!

I think I could deal with that bathroom wallpaper. It’s intense, but it knows it’s intense. I can deal with that. It’s unashamed of what it is.

And when you say, “(SWOON!!! This room would be such a cool hang space!)” of the 3-seasons room /w hanging fireplace– ha! I see what you did there!

• MidModMichelle Reply

March 3, 2017 at 10:28 pm

😉

5. Jonny Reply

February 26, 2017 at 11:30 pm

I dig that kitchen, wild wallpaper and all. What is the black flooring in there? Is that painted hardwood? Only the fridge would have to get swapped out of that kitchen. Love the office too, and the garage door.

I have to assume this is a very desirable neighborhood and/or housing market being a 1900ft 1 bathroom, one stall garage house for 315K. Great style though.

• MidModMichelle Reply

March 3, 2017 at 10:30 pm

I think it’s either carpet or a rug. Either way, carpet in the kitchen and bathroom? Nope. lol

6. Suzy Reply

February 27, 2017 at 2:00 pm

love the garage door with the starburst, also the cut outs on the back deck. The kitchen setup is fine, I just didn’t like the carpet & wallpaper in the bathroom.

7. Lyn Dono Reply

February 27, 2017 at 8:05 pm

How great is all that storage in the red shag carpet room! Fun house thanks for posting.

8. Carrie Reply

March 3, 2017 at 11:48 am

Wow, I’ve never seen a hanging fireplace like that! They certainly did like red shag carpeting but overall a really fun house.

9. rekey Dax Reply