Home » Decade » 1960 » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Fayetteville, Arkansas

February 12, 2017

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Fayetteville, Arkansas

By MidModMichelle

Buckle up folks, today’s home is a stunner! This mid-century modern home was designed by noted architect Ernie Jacks in 1965 and it is in mostly original condition. It’s another near million dollar home, but you certainly get more bang for your buck in Fayetteville, Arkansas over Bethesda, Maryland, I’d say. Let’s have a look!

This Ernie Jacks designed home is located at 370 N Williams Dr, Fayetteville, Arkansas on a secluded 3 acre lot. It is a 4 bedroom, 4 bath, 4,144 square feet home built in 1965 that is being offered at $894,900. The listing is courtesy of Anthony Clark at Clark Partners Realty Group. For more information and additional photos you can check out the listing here. From the listing:

This mid-century modern estate on Mt. Sequoyah was designed by renowned architect Ernie Jacks. The stunning architecture offers large spaces, high ceilings, walls of windows in almost every room that allow the indoors and surrounding environment to be blurred, and beautiful views to the east. Both the living room and family room have fireplaces and the formal dining room has a built-in hutch with glass-front cabinets. The eat-in kitchen has been modernized with granite counter tops, a Sub-Zero refrigerator & freezer set, a Dacor 6-burner gas cooktop, and Dacor double ovens. Upstairs is a unique flex space that is known as “The Eagle’s Nest” that is perfect for an office, study, play room, or getaway. Throughout this meticulously maintained home you’ll find an abundance of built-ins and other storage. There are many custom details including select furniture pieces that convey with the property. The home is situated on a secluded 3+ acre lot (m/l) with lush landscaping and seven distinctive outdoor living areas and a hot tub. Attached to the carport is a large workshop with electric.

ENTRY & DINING ROOM

(The entryway and wall of cabinets are magnificent.)

LIVING ROOM

(What a grand living room! Love how the brick extends from the fireplace into a feature wall.)

KITCHEN

(The skylight and the light fixtures are amazing! I also like how the cabinets go all the way to the ceiling.)

DEN

(The built-ins are awesome in this home!)

HALLWAY STORAGE

BEDROOMS

(Gorgeous paneling and stunning built-ins, all the bedrooms are great.)

BATHROOMS

(I love the look of this brick shower, wonder if it’s hard to keep clean?)

UPSTAIRS DEN

(Yay spiral staircase! I wonder if there’s another way up, but looks like the furniture up there was built in.)

(What a great room! I’d hang out in there all the time.)

PATIOS

YARD & CARPORT

When they call this place an estate they aren’t kidding! 3 gorgeous acres and this masterfully designed home- I’d take it in a heartbeat if I had that kind of money. I think this home really embodies the spirit of mid-century modern design with the clean lines and effortless blending into the natural environment. It definitely has that work of art feel, but I think it is still warm and inviting. I’d make it homey by adding more color and fun artwork. What do y’all think?

10 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Fayetteville, Arkansas

1. Jacki Reply

February 12, 2017 at 8:24 am

The house looks staged for sale. I wonder if it was the estate of the original owners or if it has passed hands through the years. If it was the original owners, I would have loved to see the furnishings and decor as they were originally. Looks exceptionally clean.

2. Julie Whitmore Reply

February 12, 2017 at 9:19 am

Oooh. I’d never leave home!
    Only quibble: not sure I’d want to wake up and see myself first thing in those mirrored closets. Yikes.

• Debbie Reply

February 13, 2017 at 12:52 am

i believe we are the fifth owners of the home. Dr Patrick and his family contracted the house. It is now as of this February on the National Historic Registry of Homes.

3. Dan Reply

February 12, 2017 at 9:21 am

The cruciform floorplan with the bedrooms all in a row, the builtins, and some of the furniture, especially that dining set, are very F.L. Wright. Like the best of design, it does not look the least bit dated.

4. Sharon Reply

February 12, 2017 at 10:10 am

This home is about 15 miles from my own. Fayetteville (and northwest Arkansas in general) has quite a few beautiful MCM homes and office buildings. E. Faye Jones lived in Fayetteville most of his life, and several of his homes and churches are here. The area where this featured home is located is a very quiet, upscale, older area, with a lot of trees and green space. Mount Sequoyah is the highest “mountain” in Fayetteville, so the views from the homes there are spectacular. One thing the listing doesn’t mention is that this property backs up to a 70 acre wooded park. And yes, $1M will buy A LOT in northwest Arkansas!

• Sharon Reply

February 12, 2017 at 10:15 am

I forgot to mention that both Jacks and Jones were on faculty at the University of Arkansas School of Architecture, in Fayetteville, so they had a tremendous influence on the whole “architectural culture” of the surrounding area.

• Debbie Reply

February 13, 2017 at 12:58 am

And Ernie in his 90’s still keeps an office off the Square. He remembers every inch of the house and reviewed the original floor plans with us. The Sequoyah house is only one of two houses he designed in AR., the other is in Ft. Smith.

• Anthony Clark Reply

February 14, 2017 at 4:33 pm

The MCM inventory is pretty amazing – we are so lucky to have had so many influential architects like Mr. Jones, Mr. Jacks, Edward Durell Stone, Warren Segraves and others leave their mark here. Very technically speaking the property is not adjacent to the city’s wooded park – there is a small parcel that separates the two and I did not want to be misleading. The aerial video really shows off the environment though. You can find it on the listing website that is linked in the blog post.

February 12, 2017 at 10:35 am

Ooooh yessssss

6. BobinAlabama Reply

February 13, 2017 at 10:34 am

Wow! What a magnificent home! The listing headline should read, “Frank Lloyd Wright slept here.”