Home » Decorating & Home » New Retro Bedspread – Peach Chenille!

March 27, 2017

New Retro Bedspread – Peach Chenille!

By RetroRuth

I know, I know. Long time, no post, right?  Well, it’s been kind of crazy here with the new baby, but I have been managing to get some home things done between caring for all the needs of two small (and two not-so-small) humans. The first thing I want to share with you all is our new bedspread!

IMG_6551

This is a new, retro chenille bedspread that I was able to snag during JCPenny’s most recent home sale. It’s called VCNY Antigua 3-pc. Cotton Chenille Bedspread Set and it comes in four different colors. We ended up going with the coral (peach) color, but we were also leaning heavily toward the blue. The “regular” price for this bedspread is a bit on the pricey side, so I would recommend waiting for one of the pretty frequent home sales if you are planning on picking this up!

IMG_6555

This bedspread represents the compromise that Tom and I were finally able to come to regarding the look of our bedroom. We were coming from polar opposites. Tom had previously purchased a black bedspread (that matched his vintage panther collection) which we have used for seven years. He didn’t want to change to my choice of peacock chenille that had belonged to my grandmother. So I suggested getting another chenille, which he wasn’t wild about. He didn’t want anything floral or feminine looking. But I stuck to my chenille guns until I found something that looked a bit more modern and a bit less floral.

IMG_6556

And do you love my Small World Mary Blair throw from Disney World?  I was super happy to score this when we took Alex to Disney a few years ago. We’ve been using it to guide our color choices for our bedroom, and this peach bedspread nails it!

8 Responses to New Retro Bedspread – Peach Chenille!

1. Sara In AZ Reply

March 27, 2017 at 10:21 am

Uggghhhhhh, so depressed they do not have King size in gray!!! 🙁

• RetroRuth Reply

April 13, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Oh, boo!!! Go with the blue! 🙂

March 27, 2017 at 1:29 pm

Love, love, love that peach chenille! I’ve been on the hunt for a chenille forever, I only ever seem to find single ones tho. A peacock one is my dream chenille!

• RetroRuth Reply

April 13, 2017 at 9:07 pm

I know! I couldn’t believe it when he turned it down flat. It’s in great condition, too. Oh well, there is always the guest bed… 🙂

3. Beth Reply

March 27, 2017 at 2:03 pm

Congrats on the new baby! I didn’t even know there was one on the way. Does Alex have a baby bro or sis? Name?

• RetroRuth Reply

April 13, 2017 at 9:08 pm

A new baby brother! TJ (Thomas Jonathan) was born in November, and is growing like a weed. I am planning on posting a baby post soon, with some shots from his vintage space-themed nursery, too!

4. Lyn Dono Reply

March 29, 2017 at 6:05 pm

Lovely bedspread. The Small World throw is so sweet. My older brother remembers the Small World exhibit/ride at the 1964 Worlds Fair here in NY. I was also there but in a stroller and I don’t remember anything.

• RetroRuth Reply

April 13, 2017 at 9:09 pm

That is such a cute story about your brother! 🙂