Home » Decade » 1950 » Vintage Snappy Saturday – My Favorite Corner In The Retro Ranch!

March 11, 2017

Vintage Snappy Saturday – My Favorite Corner In The Retro Ranch!

By Sara In AZ

This week we are changing things up a bit and I am showing y’all a snapshot of one area in our formal living room. I love how this area came together in the end! The 1950s green vinyl chair was picked up for free off the curb….and is in perfect condition! Our Moss pole lamp sits right next to the chair in case you want to read one of our vintage Ladies Home Journal magazines. And yes, that is a Carlo Of Hollywood picture on the wall…it is one of my favorites that we own! Mike bought me the vintage stuffed poodle for Valentines Day a few years back and he even still has his original paper tags!

Also, I’ve started up my own Instagram page…..Museum Of Kitsch  check it out for more retro fun!

Does anyone else have a favorite corner in their house?

12 Responses to Vintage Snappy Saturday – My Favorite Corner In The Retro Ranch!

1. MrsC Reply

March 11, 2017 at 10:42 am

Too much fabulousness!! And yet another Moss lamp?!? And that chair–the color is beautiful. You must have a spectacular house indeed. I can’t wait to see the rest of your house!

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 11, 2017 at 4:08 pm

Thank you so much Mrs C! You are very, very kind to say that! More pics coming up…..including a series on on our new vintage poodle theme hall bathroom!

2. Beth Reply

March 11, 2017 at 12:53 pm

I love the pieces on either side of the Carlos of Hollywood painting. What would you call those for searching on ebay? I’ve tried vintage 1960s wall plaques and wall art, but I’m not seeing anything close and I KNOW I’ve seen them on ebay. Thanks!

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 11, 2017 at 4:19 pm

Beth, Ok, ugh…..those metal pieces were SO hard for me to find! I found the 2 separately….my husband actually got me one as a gift and I found the other one on ebay to make the set. The pink lady plaques that are on them I found a few years after I had the metal plaques. I never knew what to search under either to find those darn things…I think I looked under such vague search terms as ’50s wall’ and ’60s wall’ also ‘metal artist palate’. I know that metal backers like these were also made by another company for the Ceramic Arts Studio company to use as a go-along with their ceramic pieces, so I have seen these listed under the Ceramic Arts Studio stuff sometimes too…..though it usually goes for big $$$s when it’s listed under that.

If I ever see any up for sale I will try to do a ‘Kool Kitsch’ to give you a heads up!

March 11, 2017 at 10:03 pm

This is soooooo good! It looks like it could be a photo from back in the day.

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 12, 2017 at 12:13 am

Thank you Eartha, that is the best compliment of all!!!

4. Lyn Dono Reply

March 12, 2017 at 12:45 pm

Great corner! Really like the jewel tone color of the chair. I remember those stuffed dogs from when I was a kid. The neck stuffing would settle and the head would flop to one side. Loved those dogs. I guess we hugged them too much. Ha-Ha.

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 15, 2017 at 7:23 pm

Ha! I know what you mean about the necks of old stuffed animals Lyn….I had some that did the same exact thing! 🙂 And thanks!

5. Maureen Reply

March 12, 2017 at 6:40 pm

That chair! I am in love! I can think of nothing finer than curling up in that corner with a good book.

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 15, 2017 at 7:24 pm

Thanks Maureen! I was totally blown away when we found it – and in such prefect condition too!!!

6. Susan from Boston Reply

March 14, 2017 at 8:58 am

Loooooooooooooove that chair! You found that on the curb? What a score.

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 15, 2017 at 7:26 pm

Thank you Susan! Yes, we did find it on the curb! I was shocked someone was just dumping it….you just never know! I am SO happy I found it though – it is one of my fave chairs!