Home » Decade » 1950 » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Arkansas City, Kansas

March 12, 2017

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Arkansas City, Kansas

By MidModMichelle

Fun fact y’all, Arkansas City is in Kansas, just like Kansas City is in Missouri. Who knew? Well anyhoo… this time capsule atomic ranch is located in, you guessed it, Arkansas City, Kansas and it’s blowing my mind at this price point. I’d be more than willing to deal with the confusion of addressing envelopes to scoop up this steal of a deal. Let’s check it out!

This home is located at 112 Malwood Ct, Arkansas City, Kansas on a cul-de-sac in a desirable neighborhood. It is a 4 bedroom, 3 bath, 2,503 square foot home built in 1959 that is being offered at $142,500. The listing is courtesy of Carol Daulton at United Agency LLC. For more information and additional photos you can check out the listing here. From the listing:

Extremely well-built solid ranch style home in a very desirable location! Very quiet neighborhood on a cul-de-sac. This sprawling ranch has over 2500 square feet with 4 bedrooms and 3 baths. Zoned central heat and air. Did I mention the beautiful wood vaulted ceilings that can be found in every room except one? Entry way leads into a fantastic living room with patio doors that open to a large deck. Galley kitchen is loaded with retro character and opens to a large formal dining room. W/B fireplace opens to both the living room and the dining room. Huge family room with wet bar that also accesses the deck on the back of the home. Split bedroom plan has the master suite at one end with large bath and another patio door that leads to it’s own patio. The other 3 bedrooms are at the other end of the home. One is a 2nd master suite with it’s own bath and patio doors out to a private courtyard. Abundant storage in this home including two cedar lined closets. All-concrete safe room on the lower level under the deck. Back of the lot is cedar tree-lined for privacy, beyond the trees you will catch the lights of the city at night. Deck is large with benches and a gas grill that is a perfect location for outdoor entertaining. Oversized double carport on the front also has additional storage. This home has been well-tended and is ready for a new family to enjoy all it has to offer.

ADDITIONAL EXTERIOR

(Lovely lines! Super cool window box/observation point!)

FOYER

(Hello terrazzo and kitchen cabinet legs!)

LIVING ROOM

DEN

(We have a pane of that yellow Italian bottle glass in our home!)

DINING ROOM & WET BAR

(Double sided fireplace!!)

(I love a good home bar!)

KITCHEN

(Amazing cabinets and neat round basin sink!!)

BEDROOMS

(Totally digging the built-in armoires, shelves and lights!)

(Oh to have clerestory windows and high ceilings like this in my bedroom!)

BATHROOMS

(Bathroom carpeting needs to go, but love the bathrooms otherwise! Look at that Hall-Mack relaxation unit!! Want!!)

(Floating wall mount toilets are so fun!)

(Another Hall-Mack relaxation unit! Those things are rare nowadays and this home has 2 plus other Hall-Mack accessories!)

DECK

I’m enamored with this one y’all! I even had a look around the neighborhood on Google Maps and it is a lovely little mid-century neighborhood full of gems. Seriously, check it out for yourself! There are mid-century moderns and modests and even a storybook ranch or two! (Also, check out the church and school on Greenway Ave.) I’m feeling ready to move now. 😉

8 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Arkansas City, Kansas

1. Sara In AZ Reply

March 12, 2017 at 5:31 am

This place is seriously ahhhhhhhh-mazing….I can’t even believe that price!!!!!!

2. Melinda Reply

March 12, 2017 at 9:08 am

They had me at split bedroom plan. I love a split plan, and they are hard to find in a mid century charmer like this.

3. Bethany Otto Reply

March 12, 2017 at 9:55 am

Yay, an actual time capsule home, not one that’s been artificially engineered to be MCM! So cool! I’m not sure I would want to sit on the seemingly floating toilets though–I wonder what holds those heavy things up since there doesn’t seem to be a base touching the floor?!

4. Tess Reply

March 12, 2017 at 10:10 am

The carpet in the bathrooms would be gone before I moved in– wonder if there’s original tile underneath? Probably the hi-low red shag in that bedroom, too. I could work with the green and blue versions. I prefer period style hardwood floors, but I’m betting this was built on a slab, so the rest of the carpet would stay.

Other than those minor issues, I’d be willing to move in today!

5. Lyn Dono Reply

March 12, 2017 at 1:01 pm

Yellow Italian bottle glass, mystery solved. I didn’t know what the glass covering the little windows flanking my fireplace mantle was called. I have a 1938 side hall colonial. My hubby and I are the second owners. I guess during the 50’s or 60”s the decorator bug bit the original owners and they had the glass installed over the original windows. The glass also covers a little window near the staircase. It really is pretty in the morning when the sun shines through the windows. I always learn something new (old) here . Thanks for posting

6. dkzody Reply

March 12, 2017 at 5:36 pm

Such a great home. I’m wondering if the carpet in the baths is because the house is built on a cement slab. I’m assuming Kanas gets COLD in the winters and the floors are even colder. Living in California, I think it gets cold enough here, I can’t imagine living where it snows. Our house is built on a wooden foundation but I think the floors are very cold in the winter.

7. David in Marietta Reply

March 12, 2017 at 7:06 pm

States it has a “safe room” on the lower level under the deck though it does state in one of the listings that it has an unfinished basement so maybe it is not on a slab. Anyone notice it has a phone hookup in one of the bathrooms? Neat.

8. Jonny Reply

March 12, 2017 at 10:47 pm

This one is a winner. That driveway with the carport/overhang thing is perfect for a classic car buff, that’s a great balance between protection from the elements and showing off. This house has the goods.

And that little glass bumpout thing is the best! Some kind of exotic potted tree would have to go there I think, or a multi-tiered hanging garden or something.