Home » Decade » 1950 » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Lincolnwood, Illinois

March 26, 2017

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Lincolnwood, Illinois

By MidModMichelle

Welcome to another addition of split-level Sunday! Today’s Midwestern 1959 time capsule home was spotted on one of the mid-century Facebook groups, and it is darling! You’ll see that not much has changed in this home, right down to the furniture and décor! The only disappointing thing about the listing is there are no bathroom photos and I feel sure they are vintage. Well, let’s have a look!

This home is located at 6700 N Kedvale Ave, Lincolnwood, Illinois on a nice lot with views of the golf course. It is a 4 bedroom, 2 bath, 3,450 square foot home built in 1959 that is being offered at $629,000. The listing is courtesy of Mark Ahmad at Century 21. For more information and additional photos you can check out the listing here. From the listing:

A beautiful Mid-century unique house facing a private Country Golf Club Course! Spacious Bi-level with 4-Bedrooms, 2-Full & 2- Half bathrooms! Great Interior design & layout combining a modern and vintage design. A very nice and huge family room with a fire place, wet bar, & built in TV cabinet. Master bedroom! Motorized blinds! Well appointed kitchen with breakfast area! Beautiful welcoming entry/ stair case! Direct views of the GOLF COURSE! Hardwood floors under carpet! Newer Profile refrigeration and Maytag dishwasher. A large finish basement! Dual heat zones! 2.1 attached car garage! Patio! Private back yard.

ADDITIONAL EXTERIOR

ENTRY & STAIRS

(That paneling and the railing amirite?!)

LIVING ROOM

EAT-IN KITCHEN & DINING ROOM

(The wallpaper is something else! And the marble top dinette set is heavenly!)

DEN

(I’m really feeling this pink and gold den! Built-in entertainment center and fireplace are awesome!)

REC ROOM

(I.LOVE.THIS.FLOOR.)

SUN PORCH

Isn’t this place just amazing? I’d probably try and negotiate some of that furniture in the deal! The mystery bathrooms are really piquing my curiosity. I should have emailed the listing agent to ask for some photos! What do y’all think of this one?

12 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Lincolnwood, Illinois

1. Anonymous Reply

March 26, 2017 at 8:55 am

I like just about everything in the house.

I would keep the kitchen cabinets, but the wallpaper and flooring would have to go.

A large sputnik chandelier in the entry would replace the existing one.

2. Bethany Otto Reply

March 26, 2017 at 9:22 am

This is one of the best houses ever on here, because it is a genuine time capsule, not a recreated MMC decor. I don’t see any updates beyond the flat screen tv and stainless fridge. I am dying to see the bathrooms!

3. Melinda Reply

March 26, 2017 at 9:28 am

Those couches! Both the yellow living room and pink one I need the den are huge! They had to have been custom pieces. I’d definitely include those in my offer if I werebuying.

4. Queen of Fifty Cents Reply

March 26, 2017 at 12:15 pm

Pink rec room.

Zowie.

March 26, 2017 at 3:41 pm

What a house! That glorious kitchen!

March 26, 2017 at 3:42 pm

And that foyer! I’d even be inviting the pizza guy in to admire it.

7. Jacki Reply

March 26, 2017 at 5:47 pm

When I first looked at the first pic/front view I figured it would be another $200,000 house. But when they went to the back view I then understood the price. The house must have been redecorated in the seventies from what I have seen in my magazines. The staircase, the sun porch with the jalousy windows, the vintage tv, and the basement floor have me sold. Don’t think I would want the bizarre looking bust in the dining room though. Good job Michelle

8. Jonny Reply

March 26, 2017 at 9:30 pm

Staircase railing is my favorite. It does seem to have some mid 70’s flair to it, which is not my personal favorite era but there’s a lot to like in this house.

At 629K, I wonder what the likelyhood of a buyer who’d leave it untouched would be.

9. sherree Reply

March 26, 2017 at 11:40 pm

There is much to love about this house! The kitchen was updated at some point (you can see the bulkhead over the peninsula used to have shelving or cabinets there) and the wallpaper is not from 1959 but it is still adorable. I wonder what all the original lighting looked like? I would love to see the bathrooms. And that basement is just so cool; Even a shuffleboard 🙂

10. BobinAlabama Reply

March 27, 2017 at 9:51 am

Truly a step back in time, when “Mediterranean” style furniture was used in more conservatively decorated homes. So, I agree with the idea of negotiating the inclusion of some, if not most, of the furniture in the sale. Love it!

11. MidModMichelle Reply

March 27, 2017 at 8:53 pm

Y’ALL! Another awesome time capsule in Lincolnwood with more crazy wallpaper! https://www.redfin.com/IL/Lincolnwood/6518-N-Nokomis-Ave-60712/home/13591363

12. Lyn Dono Reply

March 29, 2017 at 5:51 pm

What a great, fun house. The couches are amazing. In the “listing here” you can see a beautiful cream colored couch positioned in front of the back of a white stand up piano..swank! Like how there is yellow everywhere. The bathrooms must be over the top. Maybe they aren’t shown because they might scare away potential buyers. As for the bust….it’s a keeper. Just too fun. But what a lousy corner location and the price…yikes!