Home » Decade » 1950 » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Jacksonville, Illinois

April 9, 2017

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Jacksonville, Illinois

By MidModMichelle

Hey folks! Sorry this one is a bit late today, but better late than never! Yesterday was just one of those days where everything goes wrong and I didn’t have time to get the post ready. Anyhoo, thanks goes out to Lisa W. for sending the link for this STUNNING one owner mid-century time capsule. This split-level is enormous, and so affordable that I’m ready to move to Illinois. Ruth and I were just dying over this one. You will not be disappointed, so here we go!

This home is located at 6 Book Ln, Jacksonville, Illinois on a large lush lot. It is a 6 bedroom, 5 bath, 4,903 square foot home built in 1959 that is being offered at $249,900. The listing is courtesy of Dianne Steinberg at Steve Hills Realtors. For more information and additional photos you can check out the listing here. From the listing:

This architecturally pure mid-century home is a rare find in this traditional mid-west. Notable for many reasons, from architect, to builder, to the one & only owner. These owners attention to detail does not go unnoticed. The five bathrooms (for instance) look as though they were never used – (sparkling clean) & there were children raised here. The soaring ceilings, the fireplaces, hardwoods, signature style staircase, screened porch, double lot the home sits on – remarkable! Just another of J’villes hidden treasures and ready to be yours! Home sits on 2 lots, 2nd lot size is 130×149.

ADDITIONAL EXTERIOR

FOYER

LIVING ROOM & DEN

HALL & STAIRS

KITCHEN & DINING ROOM

BEDROOMS

BATHROOMS

REC ROOM

This is definitely one of my favorite homes because it is such a mind-blowing time capsule. I wish I could get a home like this in Nashville for that price!! The gorgeous wood, soaring ceilings, fireplaces, yellow metal cabinets, light fixtures, original bathrooms in sherbet colors…. ahhhh!! 😍😍😍 Do y’all love it as much as we do?

10 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Jacksonville, Illinois

1. Anonymous Reply

April 9, 2017 at 12:47 pm

Yes!!! Totally love it.

2. Melinda Reply

April 9, 2017 at 1:01 pm

THAT KITCHEN!!!!!!!

3. DaisyLu Reply

April 9, 2017 at 2:36 pm

What a house! That kitchen is a treasure and don’t get me started on the bathrooms. Any guesses on the flooring in the kitchen-linoleum? It’s wonderful to see that the owners took such good care of the house.

April 9, 2017 at 3:03 pm

Oh yeah! I could TOTALLY work with this. 🙂

5. Lyn Dono Reply

April 9, 2017 at 3:08 pm

Wow, what a home! Any idea about the kitchen wallpaper pattern? I couldn’t enlarge the photo to get a better look. The bathrooms are amazing. Thanks for posting.

6. Jonny Reply

April 9, 2017 at 9:59 pm

This one really is a true time capsule, it looks completely untouched and in really nice shape yet. Probably some wood oiling and lots of polishing and cleaning to be done but nothing that I would change, not one single thing. That roofline over the garage door by the entrance is perfect. I love this one, it might be my favorite WYBMN yet!

7. Julie Henderson Reply

April 10, 2017 at 10:10 am

Oh…this is the architectural equivalent of delicious comfort food! I was born in ’62, and I so appreciate that era. Such real integrity of materials. Someone’s gonna end up w/ a gem of a home.

8. Bethany Otto Reply

April 10, 2017 at 12:56 pm

Wow, this house should just be made into a fabulous MMC museum!!!! I can’t believe that kitchen is so intact!

9. BobinAlabama Reply

April 10, 2017 at 3:31 pm

Wow, what an eclectic home for somebody with the resources to update in a respectful manner. Love it!

April 13, 2017 at 9:01 pm

Somewhere, deep in my soul, I started planning a last minute move and a whole other life when I saw this house. Fabulous!