Home » Decade » 1950 » Mike and Sara Rehab a 60s Retro Ranch : Vintage Poodles Invade the Hall Bathroom!

May 2, 2017

By Sara In AZ

Decorating….the FUN part!!!

But first, I don’t know if y’all remember the original toilet that we had in place – it was this newer American Standard toilet.

100_2022

I wish I knew what happened to the original toilet?! Anyway, I just really thought the space would look better with a “vintage” toilet……I love the squared off tanks and footprint of older toilets – so we headed down to our local salvage place to hunt!

Luckily, we found this white Kohler for $40 that fit the bill perfectly!

100_2236

Now, let’s bring on the poodles! Oh my gosh, I was SOOOOO excited about this you have no idea! I’ve had all my vintage poodle stuff boxed up for almost 3 years now….. just waiting for this bathroom to be finished so that I could bring it all out. It was like Christmas day unwrapping all the poodle stuff! We hung a cabinet above the toilet so I’d have a safe place for most of my spaghetti poodles.

100_2289

Mike bought me these Witco-ish wooden poodles years ago, I hung them above the towel bar.

100_2293

I can finally put my Poodle toilet paper holder back into use! Smile

100_2295

I found this poodle valance and window curtain set after we bought this house…we were worried about shower water in the window area and I thought these vinyl curtains were the *perfect* solution!

100_2298

Easy-peasy…just close the curtains when the shower is in use and open them back up after you are done!

100_2300

Of course we also have a poodle shower curtain!

100_2284

Here is a close-up of the design.

100_2497

I was excited to finally hang up my vintage poodle shelf by Ransburg.

100_2288

I somehow managed to find the perfect color poodle bath towels for the bathroom!

100_2480

There is even a poodle bath rug to use after you’ve showered!

100_2494

Some poodle goodies on the vanity.

100_2498

The small white poodle acts as our nightlight!

100_2500

And finally, yes –we even have a poodle hamper!

100_2493

Poodle bathroom – yes, I think we can check this one off the list as done….well, almost!

100_2588

Come back next Tuesday to see one final addition to the golden poodle bathroom…you definitely will not want to miss this!

9 Responses to Mike and Sara Rehab a 60s Retro Ranch : Vintage Poodles Invade the Hall Bathroom!

May 2, 2017 at 8:53 am

Girl, you are amazing! It’s like a vintage poodle museum in there! You have seriously been squirreling the poodle decor away!

• Sara In AZ Reply

May 3, 2017 at 7:58 pm

Thanks Eartha! And yes, I have been squirreling away the poodle decor until just the right opportunity presented itself….and this bathroom was it! 🙂

2. Beth Reply

May 2, 2017 at 12:49 pm

WOW!!! This is phenomenal, Sara and Mike. You’ve done an amazing job. I have the same poodle trash can, gifted by an online friend. I can’t imagine what some of those items must have cost; I know vintage poodle ANYTHING, but especially pink, is so expensive. Hope you found them in the wild at deep discounts. As ever, you two provide so much fun and inspiration.

• Sara In AZ Reply

May 3, 2017 at 8:11 pm

Thank you Beth!

I have to add that I have been collecting (hoarding) 🙂 the poodle stuff for many years….since way before I was even writing on this blog….all in the hopes I’d be able to put it all together one day to make one epic poodle themed bathroom! And I definitely buy EVERYTHING with a strict budget in mind…..like the poodle hamper I found at an antique store for $40 with a trash can included!!! I just can’t stomach paying hundreds and hundreds of dollars for things like this…it’s just not me! All of the spaghetti poodles….some were gifts…otherwise $20 or less!

3. Lyn Dono Reply

May 2, 2017 at 7:16 pm

Poodles a poppin’! Awesome! My half bath (There is no bath in the room, not even half a bath not even a shower! ha-ha) is all comic book art and plastic super heros….or GUYS as my boys called them when they were way younger. I like a bathroom with some personality! Great job. Looking forward to the final addition! P.S. the curtains, shower and window, are a hoot! And the towels! Perfection!

• Sara In AZ Reply

May 3, 2017 at 8:13 pm

Thanks Lyn! Your comic book art theme bathroom sounds super cool! And I know, let’s put a little personality back into things…..not make everything so ‘plain jane’! 🙂

4. Susan from Boston Reply

May 3, 2017 at 10:16 am

Sarah! I am SPEECHLESS!!!!

This bathroom! The poodles! Oh-my-God!

Loooooooooooooooove!!!!

Ok, I’ve said it before and I’m saying it again, You ARE the Retro Ghost Whisperer.

How on earth did you manage to find vinyl poodles curtains, a hamper, tissue holder, shelf…???? OMG!

You keep this up and I’m going to have to buy a plane ticket to AZ and come to your home… and if that poodle hamper goes missing, don’t look at me. O-k?

😉

• Sara In AZ Reply

May 3, 2017 at 8:17 pm

Thank you so much Susan!!!! Ha-ha, you are too funny!

Seriously, it took me a some years to put all of it together as I’d only buy stuff if the price was right and it was something I thought would really work.

Uh-oh, sounds like I’d better put the poodle hamper on lock-down! HA! 😉

5. MrsC Reply

May 4, 2017 at 12:13 pm

Gorgeous! Absolutely GORGEOUS! Totally Poodlicious!!