Home » Decade » 1950 » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Ojai, California

May 14, 2017

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Ojai, California

By MidModMichelle

Y’ALL. Today’s home is so completely dreamy, I’m questioning everything. Like why did I not become a brain surgeon, or a famous actress, who could afford a cool mill and a half dollar home. Oh, this one just gets me. It’s bathed in this magical light and I can see myself wearing a wispy skirt with a peasant top and cooking barefoot. Ok, so I don’t really know how to cook but this house makes me want to learn. It’s that kind of house. Sigh. We can all thank Candace R. from Estately for sending us this babely home to drool over. 👏

This home designed by Chalfant Head is located at 1354 Carne Rd, Ojai, California on a lovely private lot. It is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, 1,232 square foot home built in 1959 that is being offered at $1,425,000. The listing is courtesy of Patty Waltcher at Coldwell Banker Property Shoppe. For more information and additional photos you can check out the listing here. From the listing:

Tucked into the bucolic East End is one of the few Chalfant Head designed homes in the Ojai Valley. This Mid-Century gem is Eco friendly with a Japanese influence that brings you the feeling of home as you celebrate the unique architectural design. An efficient solar system offers substantial savings on your electricity bills. An additional structure features the third bedroom and bath offering your guests a little privacy when desired or use it as a studio for your creations. Enjoy an outside shower in the privacy of your yard or sit by the bar in the living room. A house of this caliber is sure to attract immediate attention.

ENTRY

(The divider and the planter by the door! 👀)

LIVING ROOM & DINING ROOM

(Walls of windows, I die.)

(THAT SHELF.)

KITCHEN

(The cabinets and mosaic tile, whoa momma!)

BEDROOMS

BATHROOMS

(Love this blue and yellow bathroom!!)

GUESTHOUSE

YARD & OUTDOOR SHOWER

This one gives me the vapors. Literally the only thing I’d change out would be the refrigerator. I mean, I could be happy just living in that guesthouse. 😍 So what did y’all think of this one? Do you find it as irresistible as I do? Also, Happy Mother’s Day everyone!

9 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Ojai, California

1. Sandi Reply

May 14, 2017 at 8:33 am

A dish drainer on the counter? Really? Spoils the staging, I think. Love the light in the dining room. Love the whole house.

2. Karimoezwickart Reply

May 14, 2017 at 8:59 am

Find folks willing to make it a time share! What a creative retreat!

3. BobinAlabama Reply

May 14, 2017 at 9:54 am

Mondrian, anyone?

4. dkzody Reply

May 14, 2017 at 10:49 am

Absolute perfection in my housing world. I would take it all. The guest house alone would sell me.

5. SEVINA ROSEMAN Reply

May 14, 2017 at 2:34 pm

Wow, what an amazing home! The only thing that bothered me was the popcorn ceiling. I wouldn’t change anything else.

Re: fridge, I wonder if they have the same problem we did. When we bought our current home (16 yrs ago) the kitchen had been remodeled a few years before, but we noticed the refrigerator was an old model even though the other appliances were new. Turns out that the remodel did not include enough room for modern size refrigerators. When the old refrigerator died 5 yrs later and we needed to replace it, only a ridiculously small refrigerator would fit that size space because of the surrounding cabinets. We ended up cutting away part of a granite countertop to the tune of $300 in order to fit a medium size fridge in the space. Now we’re getting ready to remodel the kitchen again, 20 years after the first remodel, and are trying hard not to make the same mistake in terms of space and layout.

6. Richard Dietzel Reply

May 14, 2017 at 11:56 pm

I went to school with Randy Head his dad also did the synagogue in Ventura.

7. Merlin Reply

May 15, 2017 at 10:12 am

Totally in love with this.

8. DrJulieAnn Reply

May 15, 2017 at 1:45 pm

Wow! I’m totally in love! When I saw that it was only two-bedrooms, I was a little snobby in my reaction. But it seems so spacious and the guest house really makes a difference!

I almost didn’t click on the post because I thought Ojai was one blah subdivision after another. I stand corrected!

9. Anonymous Reply

May 15, 2017 at 2:21 pm

I lived in Ojai for 3 years and recently moved out of state. Most people who are from there are not too friendly to newcomers especially if you rent. Big problem with mail theft and illicit drugs. People stare and can’t seem to mind their own business. Beautiful scenery and weather. My husband and I did run into Judge Joe Brown in the post office one evening and he was very personable and friendly.