Home » Decade » 1950 » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Muncie, Indiana

June 4, 2017

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Muncie, Indiana

By MidModMichelle

Hi folks! Sunday has rolled around again- time for another time capsule home! Today’s home was designed by Edwin A. Gibson and is pretty darn close to a time capsule. It needs a little TLC to restore it to its former glory, but man, it has potential for days. The price is absolutely incredible at under $200,000 for an over 3,000 square foot home. I wish we had homes like that here in that price range- whoa! Let’s check it out!

This home is located at 2900 West Devon Rd, Muncie, Indiana on a lovely lot. It is a 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath, 3,127 square foot home built in 1952 that is being offered at $185,000. The listing is courtesy of Sherry Soforic at F.C. Tucker Company. For more information and additional photos you can check out the listing here. From the listing:

Landmark home available for the first time ever, the original Schwartz family home designed by well known architect Edwin A Gibson and built in 1952. Blueprints archived at Ball State. Mid-century modern design, huge windows, sliding walls, built-in drawers/cabinets in all bedrooms, original flooring, pocket doors in bathrooms, massive limestone wood burning fp, redwood siding & custom copper guttering. Indoor pool & full bath, gorgeous lot, walk to BSU. May purchase with 2910 W. Devon Rd.

ADDITIONAL EXTERIOR

LIVING ROOM, DINING & STUDY

(Love the fireplace, floors, built-ins and the open feel!)

KITCHEN

(I’m sure the cabinets weren’t originally painted but they’re still pretty cute!)

OFFICE & BEDROOMS

(I love those shelves even if they do need some TLC!)

(The striped floor! 😍)

BATHROOM

INDOOR POOL

This home certainly has some pretty sweet built-in action going on, don’t you think? I have a weakness for built-ins because I love to organize and keep stuff put away. Haha! I can’t decide if an indoor pool would be awesome or a hassle. I’d prefer an outdoor one, but I suppose Indiana has long winters?

6 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Muncie, Indiana

1. Carrie Reply

June 4, 2017 at 8:29 am

Wow, i don”t think I’ve ever seen that much shelving in one home! You’re right though, with a little TLC the house could be pretty incredible.

2. Bethany Otto Reply

June 4, 2017 at 9:15 am

An indoor pool is awesome. Our 1983 home in Southern California has one, and at first I was like, what? Here? But I found out: pristine clean all the time, (easy to control chemicals and debris), and NO SUNSCREEN NEEDED for four kids who are in-and-out of the pool constantly. The one shown doesn’t have the windows ours does, but perhaps they are behind the photographer.

3. BobinAlabama Reply

June 4, 2017 at 9:52 am

Amazing example of the Atomic Age, and it’s a vintage gem just waiting for the right person to polish it.

4. Beth Reply

June 4, 2017 at 11:24 am

Those built-ins!! I’m with you, I love being organized: a place for everything and everything in its place.

Bethany (above) makes great points about an indoor pool, so I’m all for it. How great would that be?

I’d strip the kitchen cabinets back to the original wood and put in vintage-style counter tops.

Wish the bedrooms had been labeled and would like to see all baths.

5. dkzody Reply

June 4, 2017 at 4:51 pm

The kitchen cabinets may have always been painted. we lived in a house built about the same time, and the kitchen cabinets were painted yet the closet doors were the most highly varnished wood I had ever seen. It was all original.

6. Amber Alleman Reply

June 5, 2017 at 6:08 pm

I wonder what the other bathrooms look like? They are probably in their original MCM glory and would scare some people so that’s why pics aren’t posted. (I’m hoping that’s the case anyway.) Would love to see more pics of all bathrooms.