Home » Decade » 1950 » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Beaver Dam, Wisconsin

July 9, 2017

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Beaver Dam, Wisconsin

By MidModMichelle

OMG Y’ALLLLLL. This home. Holy.cow. EVERYONE (including me) on the mid-century Facebook groups has been swooning over this home. It was designed by Russell Barr Williamson, a F.L. Wright associate, and it is PERFECT. Like, it makes me want to weep tears of joy just looking at every fabulous detail. (You know it’s swoon-worthy when I get carried away with the caps.) Besides the house being AHHH-MAZING, it sits right on the lake and the view- good gracious this property is the stuff dreams are made of… The current owners love their home and know how special it is, and are naturally looking for mid-century lovin’, preservation oriented folks to be its new caretakers. The home is extremely fair-priced for what you are getting here, and in many other states this would be a multi-million dollar home. So this is your call to arms fellow tribe members, let’s help find the right folks to pass the torch to! (Photo commentary off because I just love EVERYTHING about this one so no need to point out details…. Haha!!)

This home is located at 711 Lakeshore Dr, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin on a lakefront lot. It is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2,475 square foot home built in 1954 that is being offered at $475,000. The listing is courtesy of Julie White at Restaino & Associates. For more information and additional photos you can check out the listing here. From the listing:

Captivating architecturally designed, mid century modern home by Russell Barr Williamson, a F.L. Wright associate. Passive solar design with soaring double pane windows and panoramic views of the 180′ shoreline from most rooms. Open floor plan features many built-ins, beams and organic architectural elements of Philippine mahogany, pecky cypress and Aztec brick. Sensitive restoration with attention to period details (see list). Low maintenance native landscaping complements the council ring with fire pit and 3 private patios. Close to award-winning schools including renowned Wayland Academy.

ADDITIONAL EXTERIOR

MAIN LIVING AREA

DINING ROOM & KITCHEN

OFFICE

BEDROOMS

BATHROOM

YARD

I know y’all are all scrambling for the smelling salts, so I’ll let y’all carry on. But do feel free to let those feelings out below in the comments section. 😉

22 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Beaver Dam, Wisconsin

1. J.D. LETHGO Reply

July 9, 2017 at 6:41 am

I LIKE THIS HOUSE ITS A REAL THEY DONT BUILD THEM LIKE THIS KNOW

2. Sheri Reply

July 9, 2017 at 8:33 am

That is the most beautiful thing my little eyes have ever seen.

3. trudi Reply

July 9, 2017 at 10:07 am

wow!!! my dream home!!

4. Matthew J Clowry Reply

July 9, 2017 at 10:09 am

Truly a thing of beauty and what a tranquil setting.

5. dkzody Reply

July 9, 2017 at 11:24 am

Absolute perfection in a house.

• Jill Reply

July 9, 2017 at 5:10 pm

OMG …. so gorgeous and so cheap!!! Where I live there would be at least a “1” in front of the “4”!

6. Brenny Reply

July 9, 2017 at 11:58 am

THUD. Drop the mic….it’s all over.

7. George Reply

July 9, 2017 at 12:32 pm

Wow! Thanks for the beautiful write-up. I’m one of the owners, and am grateful and flattered by your post.

• Beth Reply

July 10, 2017 at 2:19 am

Your home is magnificent! Will you be offering for sale to the new owners any of the furnishings? Everything is just so perfect right where it is.

• George Reply

July 15, 2017 at 10:44 am

Thanks, Beth. We can sell pieces that new owners might want.

• MidModMichelle Reply

July 10, 2017 at 10:56 am

Thank you for your kind words George! Your home is absolutely stunning!!

• CAT Reply

July 10, 2017 at 4:30 pm

You are a very lucky home owner!!! Your place is fantastic. My humble 60’s ranch aspires to be your place!!

8. Maureen Reply

July 9, 2017 at 6:07 pm

I almost don’t know what to say-I’m blown away! I swear if we won the lottery, I would be buying this house in a second! I’ve never been to Beaver Dam, but spent lots of time in Wisconsin, and I love it there.

To the experts-a question-I’m seeing what I believe is a lot of California pottery, like the lazy susan on the coffee table. I love that style of pottery. Actually, the way they have it decorated is a dream, and if I could I would buy the house just the way it is, fully furnished! Then add the beautiful setting, it really is the perfect home. I hope this house finds the the right owners-thinking good thoughts!

9. Jean Salomone Reply

July 9, 2017 at 6:19 pm

Agree with everything in and about this house! If only Yolanda Vega (of the N.Y. State Lottery) would call out the right numbers for me…

10. Maureen McCullough Reply

July 9, 2017 at 9:21 pm

A breathtakingly beautiful example of a MCM home. The next owners are very lucky people!

11. Andrew J Loizzo Reply

July 9, 2017 at 10:14 pm

Grew up and now work in Beaver Dam, lived just down the street from this house. It truly is as fantastic as the pictures show but of course, better in person!

12. BobinAlabama Reply

July 10, 2017 at 9:47 am

“OMG” is right! This home should be a national shrine to residential architecture. Were I a millionaire, I’d write the check right now and pack my bags for Wisconsin.

13. Dr. B Reply

July 10, 2017 at 10:18 am

I don’t care anything for “lake front property” but this house has changed my mind. The same for stacked rock but I would love to take a shower in that blue tile bath! The owners have done a fantastic job preserving the wood and the built-ins. I know, road trip to Wisconsin for a walk through tour!

14. Susan Flory-McIntee Reply

July 10, 2017 at 12:53 pm

Absolute perfection. No other words possible as I am still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor.

15. maggie Reply

July 12, 2017 at 9:16 am

I love mid century architecture and décor but this is too much of a good thing. I’d have to replace a lot of the furniture with a more eclectic mix. Gorgeous location it would be 3 mill where I live with a location like that.

16. Greg Reply

July 18, 2017 at 8:30 pm

I’m one of the other homeowners. Thank you for your love letter to our home and for all of your followers’ kind comments. Fun fact: almost all of the furnishings were found in WI. I even placed the furniture based on the architect’s original plans for furnishings. Come live in a MCM masterpiece!

• MidModMichelle Reply

July 18, 2017 at 9:09 pm

Hi Greg! That is so awesome about the furnishings! I’d live there in a heartbeat for sure!!!