Home » Decade » 1960 » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Nine Falls, Washington

July 30, 2017

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Nine Falls, Washington

By MidModMichelle

Sunday is here again folks, time to feast our eyes on another time capsule home! This architect designed and historically designated lakefront home in Washington is pretty darn amazing! I’m really smitten with this home, and the view is the cherry on top! I’ve already planned out the furniture and decor in my mind y’all. No, I don’t have too much time on my hands, why do you ask?

This home, called the Wallmark House, was designed by Spokane architect Moritz Kundig and is located at 14701 N Oxford Rd, Nine Falls, Washington on a lakefront lot. It is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 3,938 square foot home built in 1962 that is being offered at $675,000. The listing is courtesy of Alice Galeotti, at Windermere Real Estate. For more information and additional photos you can check out the listing here. From the listing:

Spectacular and Rare Vintage Property!! Newly Historic-designated mid-century modern WALLMARK HOUSE designed by renown Spokane architect Moritz Kundig boasts Terrazo floors, locally-sourced basalt fireplaces/wall, clear cedar ceilings, original custom wood cabinetry thru out, wall of glass windows looking out to gorgeous Long Lake views, skylit solarium for year round indoor gardening, and enormous outdoor deck overlooking lake! Originally family owned since built in 1962. Dont miss this lake waterfront gem!

ADDITIONAL EXTERIOR

LIVING ROOM & DEN

(Beautiful open space with terrazzo, cedar ceilings, basalt fireplace, and cool light fixtures!!)

KITCHEN & DINING ROOM

(I love the cabinet grain, just gorgeous!)

(The wall of windows overlooking the lake is to die for!)

(That pendant light!!!)

BATHROOM

(Oh my stars!!)

HALLWAY

SUNROOM

(Stunning solarium, I’d swap out to a Malm fireplace!)

LAUNDRY ROOM

YARD & AERIAL VIEW

One thing I’d like to point out, there are no photos of the bedrooms included in the listing. I’m not sure why listing agents go this route, but I really think photos of all rooms are important to add. This home is nearly a time capsule, so I’d like to think the bedrooms haven’t been updated too much! Despite that unknown aspect, did y’all like this one as much as I did?

10 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Nine Falls, Washington

1. PMitchell Reply

July 30, 2017 at 5:10 am

Wow wow and WOW! AND Teerazzo!

2. Sandi Reply

July 30, 2017 at 8:55 am

Yes, loved it! I would change the kitchen countertops, and that’s it! A beautiful home way out of my price range. One can dream, though.

3. BobinAlabama Reply

July 30, 2017 at 9:44 am

Wow. The home looks to be in excellent condition, and the interior woods are beautiful. And that view! A dream home for sure.

4. dkzody Reply

July 30, 2017 at 11:08 am

Absolute perfection, no matter where it is located, but that lake setting is just beyond amazing for such a beautifully designed home.

5. Marc Leslie Kagan Reply

July 30, 2017 at 12:08 pm

This is what I call a Home I wouldn’t change a thing. I hope who buys the house buys it for the house not the land so they can build a McMansion.That would be a crime.

6. LD Reply

July 30, 2017 at 4:01 pm

took a look on google maps. but only saw a river, no lake. Which is it??

• MidModMichelle Reply

July 30, 2017 at 10:11 pm

Good question, the description mentions “Long Lake” and also says “lake waterfront gem” so that is what I was going by, so not sure! I just looked it up too, and you’re correct, it looks like it is indeed on the Spokane River. Maybe the listing agent got descriptions for two different properties mixed up or we’re missing something? Very curious indeed!

7. A Reply

July 31, 2017 at 11:00 pm

hard to make a bathroom look elegant!

August 1, 2017 at 8:19 pm

Hell, just give me the deck. I’ll live on that. 🙂

9. Susan from Boston Reply

August 4, 2017 at 11:25 am

Check out this, as a co-worker said, “Groove-tastic” Mid-century home from my hood: Massachusetts.