Home » Decade » 1950 » Aladdin Classic Lunch Box – Available Now As Aladdin’s Heritage Lunch Kit!

September 6, 2017

Aladdin Classic Lunch Box – Available Now As Aladdin’s Heritage Lunch Kit!

By RetroRuthAffiliate Links

Do you or your retro little little need a new lunch box? Do you really want a retro print? Tom needed a lunch box recently and wanted a metal one. I wasn’t coming up with anything until I stumbled on this excellent retro lunch box from Aladdin!

IMG_9200

I think this relaunch has been out for a while, but this is new to me. But the design is not new to Aladdin. This Heritage Lunch Kit has the same design one of the vintage Aladdin lunch boxes produced from 1949 to 1964.

Aladdin_School-Lunch-Kit

The retro version does not come with a thermos aka “vacuum bottle”. You have to buy that separately.  Instead they have included three reusable lunch containers with a sort of insulating wrap thing with elastic loops and velcro. They claim that the containers are leak-proof and dishwasher safe. They are pretty sturdy, but Tom hasn’t used the containers yet, so I will update this post when he does.

IMG_9198

IMG_9208

As for cuteness, this box gets an A+. It has great graphics inside, and even comes with a name sticker for your box.

IMG_9196

IMG_9197

IMG_9209

And if you want the matching vacuum bottle too, its on sale right now for $13!

24oz_Heritage_Vac_Bottle_Plaid.PT03

This lunch box works for Tom, but do you guys have any feedback on it?

And, besides brown-bagging it, does anyone else have suggestions for retro lunch boxes? Feel free to leave them in the comments!Affiliate Links

9 Responses to Aladdin Classic Lunch Box – Available Now As Aladdin’s Heritage Lunch Kit!

September 6, 2017 at 9:26 am

Ooh…now the thermos is only $10. I think I need that thermos. 🙂 That repro lunchbox is amazing. Gotta love Aladdin. 🙂

2. Sara In AZ Reply

September 6, 2017 at 10:35 am

That is seriously like the most adorable lunch box ever, wow, great find!!!!

3. Roxanne Eeten Reply

September 6, 2017 at 10:41 am

That is adorable! I’m really having a hard time not buying it this minute.

4. Lyn Dono Reply

September 6, 2017 at 5:36 pm

A great friend gave me this lunch box as a back to school gift. I work in one of the local school districts. It is adorable but the containers inside the box are made in China. Personally, I don’t put any food in to containers made in China. It does look adorable in my Kitchen.

5. Maureen Reply

September 6, 2017 at 7:10 pm

@Roxanne-I had to buy it this minute!!! I bring my lunch to work every day, and I am beside myself at how much I love this set. I bought both types of thermos, I couldn’t help myself!

6. carole Reply

September 7, 2017 at 7:49 am

Young Theodore had a plaid lunchbox on Leave It To Beaver.

7. Jennifer Kay Reply

September 7, 2017 at 8:47 am

I still have mine from middle school – early 70’s. My Dad used it for years to take to work after that. I also had a blue gingham and an HR Puff and Stuff lunchbox. Does anyone even remember that show? That was the one lunchbox I got to pick out for myself. Wish I still had it.

8. Mod Betty / RetroRoadmap.com Reply

September 7, 2017 at 10:35 am

Adorable!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

9. Jacki Reply

September 7, 2017 at 10:41 pm

I just realized how old I am… I remember several kids in my early years of elementary school (late ’60’s/ early 70’s) having this lunch box. Jennifer Kay, I too remember H.R. Puffinstuff. Did you see the feature movie when it came to the theater?